PDA

View Full Version : My beautiful son

rebeccaravit
10-14-2005, 08:23 AM
My son David Seth was born on his due date, September 25th at 6:26 am. I guess my fright of seeing a mouse in the house and then hitting a deer the week of his due date really did speed things along! Not to mention the fact that my husband had me on my feet for the entire day of the 24th! We went to a garage sale, Costco, Babies R Us, three supermarkets, cooked dinner, set up the Pack N Play, put David's clothes away in the dresser....... sheesh I am still tired from that day.

Contractions began at dinner around 8pm, but not in a regular pattern. We ate a huge dinner with dessert (eggplant parm, from the recommendations on the boards) and then the real deal began after midnight. I contracted for a little over an hour before we called the doctor and was finally strapped to my hospital bed around 1:45 am. Thankfully it was a slow night in the maternity ward b/c I had my epidural within an hour of being there. I started pushing at 5:45 and had my little guy in my arms at 6:26am! I even asked the nurse how long she thought I'd be pushing for and she said that I'd have my baby around 7am. I said, "No way, he's coming out by 6:30."

Things have been great these past 3 weeks. He is growing so fast....

Breastfeeding was difficult at the start. We had a lactation consultant come to the house the day after we came home to meet with us.

Right now I am trying to figure out how to get him to nap during the day. Funny how all of the books (Baby 411, What to Expect, etc) tell you that they need 3-4 naps but don't say what to do to get them to do it. I want a step by step manual people on how to figure out my kid!!! I just ordered Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Weissbluth to see if that can give me any insights into napping.

That is our story. Thanks for all of your support in the days leading up to the big event.

UPDATE: The day that I wrote this my little guy slept most of the day! I guess he was awake for the first two weeks of life b/c of all of the people that were in my house all day long. He is now sleeping peacefully for most of the day, waking up to eat, and has an hour or two of alert time in the evening.

Thanks for all of your good wishes!

missym
10-14-2005, 08:29 AM
Congratulations, and welcome David Seth!

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03 and Rebecca 09/05

amp
10-14-2005, 02:21 PM
Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy! Enjoy him!

MarisaSF
10-15-2005, 12:26 AM
Congrats, Rebecca! Thank you for the update!
One wondeful thing is, when you post about your "DS" -- it can stand for both Dear Son and David Seth at the same time!

The Weissbluth book was very helpful for us. In the early months, it seems like you just hope they can sleep whenever. We read the book around 4-5 months, but I'm sure we could have used it earlier!

hez
10-15-2005, 10:29 AM
Congratulations!!!

Good luck with the naps. We just winged it for awhile :)

deborah_r
10-15-2005, 01:24 PM
Congratulations, and welcome David Seth!

You'll figure out his sleep cues, and the naps will fall into place, don't worry! Sounds like you are doing great! Make sure you get some rest yourself, too.

billysmommy
10-16-2005, 07:18 PM
Welcome David Seth :)

And congratulations Rebecca and DH

ribbit1019
10-18-2005, 07:51 PM
Congratulations Rebbeca! Welcome David!

Christy
"My Mommy" to Maddy born 06/09/04
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040609/3/4/0/-5/.png
and soon to Little Man due 03/02/06
http://bd.lilypie.com/cKLom4/.png

almostamom
10-19-2005, 10:24 PM
Rebecca, congratulations on your new little one and welcome to the BBB family David Seth! As for the naps, we pretty much let our DS sleep where/whenever he wanted to - swing, bouncy seat, bassinet, arms - at that point any nap was a good one. Hang in there, mama!

Congrats,
~Linda~
DS 11/04

bluej
10-22-2005, 07:46 AM
Congratulations Rebecca! Welcome to the world David Seth!

new_mommy25
11-14-2005, 09:18 PM
Congratulations on your new little boy!

mom to little e
11-18-2005, 09:03 PM
Congratulations!!! (so do we get to see some pictures! :) )
Maryann

Ean 11/06/03
Baby #2 EDD 01/08/06 - It's a girl!