PDA

View Full Version : How is it to have a second one BOY (the first one is GIRL)?

stanathan
12-12-2005, 01:46 PM
Hi:
Not sure whether this is the right forum but I will give it a try.
We are expecting No. 2 in early May and just found out it is a boy! We have one DD who will be 2 in January. I am a little overwhelmed by the idea of having a boy. I have one sister, my cousins are all girls, and I have not really been exposed to many baby boys.
Of course, I want a healthy child no matter what the gender is but it did take me by surprise since I somehow knew(thought) I was having another girl.
So, how is it?
Thanks.

amp
12-12-2005, 03:01 PM
Well, I had a boy first, but it's great to be the mom of a boy! I do think that overall they are more active and into more stuff as babies and toddlers, but of course every kid is different. I love having a boy and felt a bit inept in anticipation of my daughter because I'm so used to having a son!

As a mom, you'll figure it all out and you won't remember what it was like to be nervous about it!

ribbit1019
12-13-2005, 02:38 PM
Congratulations!

I'm in the same place! I don't have much exposure to boys myself.
I try not to worry too much, all of my friends have at least 1 boy and they figured it out. :P

I think what any baby needs in the beginning is love and protection, the rest just falls into place.

Bring on the matchbox cars!! Wahoo!

Christy
Co-Owner Ribbit Baby
Maddy born 6/09/04
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040609/3/4/0/-5/.png
Little Man due 3/02/06
http://bd.lilypie.com/cKLom4/.png

"Buddy the Elf! What's your favorite color?"

Momof3Labs
12-14-2005, 08:06 AM
You'll figure it out. As a friend of a girl pointed out to me, girls have much better clothes options (particularly in bigger sizes) but (in her opinion), boys have much cooler toys! So you can cut back on the clothes budget, but wait till you see the toy budget!

The one toughie (for some, at least, like us) about having a boy is the circumcision decision. It isn't hard at all to care for after the fact, but there is a lot of info out there to weigh before making up your mind.