PDA

View Full Version : I've never even seen this forum...just don't scroll down that far...

madelinesmom
08-03-2006, 12:25 AM
I have been a member since 2003 and lurked and posted very sporadically. But we got a laptop about 3 months ago and can I tell you how much I love my laptop. It has given me a chance to look a little longer than 30 seconds. Low and behold I am scrolling through the entire site and I find a Bio forum... So here goes.

My name is Jane Welborn I live in Lufkin, Texas. I have been married to Jason for almost 7 years and we have two daughters, Madeline and Emily. I taught school (PreK) for 5 years and after that worked for a Computer Training Company, mainly teaching adults who had the computer skills of a 4 year old. In 2001 I was in a really bad car accident,a man fell asleep and hit my vehicle head on I lost my mother and my niece, it was really devestating and along with 13 surgeries really difficult to come back from. This is where Baby Baragins comes in, when I got pregnant, I was still on crutches and spent alot of time reading and this was my main source for purchasing everything from bedding to Britax, you get my drift. I have not worked full time since. That is if you don't count my two kiddos. I recently started a part-time job teaching computer classes to day-care kids and I work on TT, the days my girls are in Mother's Day Out. This is where the lap-top comes in and like I said earlier, I love my laptop. I also love spending time with my girls, buying kids clothes 2/3's off for the next season, and shoes, shoes, shoes. (Shoes for my girls, since the wreck I can only wear Born shoes, they are the most comfortable.)

Something wierd about my family: Both of my girls have a condition called CHD Congenital Hip Dysplaisa. It is a condition found mostly in girls, that are first born and also breech. If you google this you will find lots of links to German Shepards. Madeline spent the first 4 months of her life is a Pavlik Harness, (soft harness that holds the hips in place) after she turned one we were able to get an x-ray and her left hip socket was very shallow, we tried another brace at night for six months but to no avail their was no improvement. She had surgery at 21 months and spent 6 weeks in a full body cast, from her chest to her ankle. It was the longest 6 weeks of our lives but we are so blessed that now at 3 1/2 you would never know it unless you saw the scar on her hip. Emily was also diagnosed at birth and wore the pavlik harness, we are hopeful that she will be like most children who wear the harness and correct itself, if not we are prepared to go through the surgery again.

So hopefully I didn't bore you to death... Looking forward to getting lots more use from the little laptop...

Jane
Madeline and Emily's Mom
1/20/03 11/29/05

almostamom
08-06-2006, 12:58 AM
Well, since you've been a member longer than I have, do I say welcome to the BBB??? ;) I enjoyed getting to know you through your "introduction" and look forward to "seeing" you around even more. Come hang out in the Lounge - it's a fun place to be.

Please accept my deepest sympathies on the loss of your mother and niece.

~Linda~
http://lilypie.com/pic/060427/fDdc.jpg http://b2.lilypie.com/qW3mm7.png

mommyoftwo
08-06-2006, 10:43 AM
Wow, you have quite the story. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss and the difficulties that you have struggled with. The BBB and the boards are such a great source of info and even friendship. Now that you have a laptop I hope we hear more from you. :)

denna
08-07-2006, 01:16 AM
You know, I never saw this forum either! Same thing, I never scrolled down far enough :D!
Its good to see you posting and its nice to meet you! You have been through so much, and seem so optimistic I think that is wonderful! I remember reading about hip dysplasia in 'Down Came the Rain' the book by Brooke Shields, I believe her daughter had this also.
Im so sorry for your loss, I couldnt imagine going through all of that, and coming out of it the way you have. Next to my husband and DS my mom and neice are the 2 most important people to me! I really cant imagine!
Well sorry to drone on, its great to meet you Jane and I hope to see you around soon....

By the way Madeline and Emily are beautiful names!

Denna

ribbit1019
08-09-2006, 02:56 AM
It was wonderful reading more about you Jane! Laptops are fabulous aren't they?

Christy
My Waterbabies
http://b3.lilypie.com/uVw3m4/.png
http://b1.lilypie.com/tbvhm4/.png
http://www.tickercentral.com/view/172x/6.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/steitzsmith/Other/jump.gif

madelinesmom
08-09-2006, 11:01 PM
Dena,

Thanks for the kind words. I wasn't aware that Brook Shields had a daughter with CHD, I assume that it was her first, I believe her book came out before her second was born. Do you know if her second daughter has CHD, there is a 25% chance of a CHD in a sibbling especially if it is a girl. I remember when she and Tom Cruise got into a little spat over her PPD and now I have even more sympathy for her and more disdain for him. Most mothers who go through the soft harness with a newborn especially a first born go through a greiving period, not only for their child but also for themselves. It is really sad for parents to come home and most of the things for your baby to wear aren't going to work. Your perfect little baby isn't perfect after all.

As for my accident it was the most devestating time of my life and the only thing that pulled me from this was my husband and the birth of Madeline. She was born 2 years to the day of the wreck. She is my saving grace and gives me hope always. Emily is just icing on the cake...

BTW both girls are named for Family members
Madeline Olivier My great Aunt and DH Grandmothers Maiden Name
Emily Carter DH great grandmother and my Grandmothers Maiden Name

Thanks again
Jane
Madeline and Emily's Mom
1/20/03 11/29/05

denna
08-10-2006, 01:34 AM
You are welcome...you dont have to thank me, I was just speaking the truth :).Your words honestly made me cry, it is so sweet and sad. It makes you really appreciate what you have. And I know this may sound crazy to some, but when I was dating my husband and (other past relationships) I always tried to imagine in the future if I were to lose my Mom or someone very close to me, who could I count on as you did to be my saving grace and that is what helped me decide is this the person for me?

About Brooke Shields Im not sure if her 2nd baby had CHD or not. But you should definitely read Down Came the Rain if you have time, as soon as I became a mother I was more interested in reading books that other mom's had written rather than crime/love stories. I dont know much about the details of the Tom Cruise mess but I do know that I am on her side, her father also passed away shortly before the birth of her daughter, which came after years of trying to conceive, fertility treatments and a miscarriage. If Tom actually read the whole book he is a real JERK for speaking out against her.

Well Jane it was again really great to meet you, and if you ever want to chat more just email me or message me. Cant wait to see some more posts.

Denna