PDA

View Full Version : Check out these slings!

heytootsy
08-08-2003, 02:27 PM
http://www.rockinbabysling.com/
They are so pretty! Just what I need, more baby carriers. These are so nice, though. What do you think?

Momof3Labs
08-08-2003, 02:50 PM
I get annoyed by the simple things - $13 for shipping one sling?? Sheesh, my Zolo shipped for under $5!

But let us know if you order - they do have some unique designs!

luvmypeanut
08-08-2003, 04:06 PM
They look nice and very hip. I also like that they have men wearing them. You almost never see that.

C99
08-08-2003, 04:40 PM
I'm not really all that impressed, to tell the truth. I think they are a stylish alternative to the Maya Wrap, but $90 seems a bit much for me.

heytootsy
08-08-2003, 05:23 PM
Oh, I am not buying one. I just cannot pay that much for a sling. I was just windw shopping.

gremlin44
08-08-2003, 08:48 PM
Is it just me, or are most of those people in the pictures wearing their slings wrong? Rings way too low, baby hanging down by their waist, sling riding up their neck, etc.....

stillplayswithbarbies
08-09-2003, 12:02 AM
That website gives me a headache . . .

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

ElizabethB
08-09-2003, 03:34 AM
I loved that they were more stylish and very pretty.
These were way more stylish in my opinion- and don't scream boring. I liked that the mom's looked younger too.

caffeinedreams
08-09-2003, 10:48 AM
I ran across that website just a few days ago--I think they are very cute and charming. I love the fabrics and the trimming and I think they are much more stylish than most slings. They are on the expensive side, but really no more so than most of the other carriers and slings are that are talked about here, and they are very pretty and different.

mamicka
08-27-2003, 12:11 PM
I find myself going back to this website periodically to admire these slings. I find them very attractive. ;)

It says they're made of linen... I wouldn't think that would be strong enough, especially just one layer. Also, it looks like the fabric is pretty wide, doesn't it? Wide says bulky to me but I guess not if it's linen.

If I find cheap linen at Walmart I might try to make one that's similar.

shall85296
08-27-2003, 12:34 PM
Not so bad, if it is UPS, or Fedex??? I didn't see where it specified who they use.

kristie
08-27-2003, 12:55 PM
Hi,

I don't know if this helps or not, but I know that Zolowear used to make one in Linen but no longer does. Maybe you could ask her why she doesn't make it anymore. I don't know if it was strong enough or not.

Also, the comment about it looks as though on this site that the babies are being worn wrong, do you really think so? I will definatley check out those pics again to be sure that I am not wearing my baby wrong!

I like some of the slings, neat idea to put trimming on them! Also it is great to see men wearing slings, as I know my husband loves to wear our daughter.

Calmegja
08-29-2003, 04:33 PM
I really think it looks like the majority of the pictures show the slings being worn in a fashion that makes my shoulders/neck hurt just by looking at it.

I love the fabrics, love the style of the sling, but I can't get a good look at the shoulder, so I don't know how the design compares, but the fact that the sling is badly positioned in so many pictures leads me to believe that something is off. Reminds me of my Hiphugger. Such great fashion, so painful to wear. I wear my Hiphugger like other people would wear spike heels. For the sake of fashion, not comfort.... ;-)

Hopefully, it's just the photographer's fault, and they were trying to show the fabric to its best advantage, but those rings were all over the place, fabric wasn't fanned out, and some of the men looked like the slings were on their carotids. Yikes!

MelissaTC
08-30-2003, 11:07 PM
VERY cute! VERY costly...*sigh* Still, VERY cute! S/H is CRAZY though!