PDA

View Full Version : ergo and sutemi carrier questions...

mugs
08-31-2003, 04:05 PM
first i must say that i just read the post about what you all have for carriers adn i am quite impressed with the collections some of you have! i had no idea there were so many! i just have a cotton zolo and a kelty backpack.

now for my question...i was just checking out the ergo adn it looks really good. how easy is it to get your child in? i cant figure out if it would be easy to do alone (whichh i am guessing it is cause who has a second pair of hands around all the time?) and how comfy is it? i would use it for hikes, or long walks, for my 17 month old. (or even for my 3.5 yo if he gets tired. anyone use it for bigger kids? i think they said it goes to 60 lbs)

secondly, what is the sutemi carrier? i did a google search, usually a sure bet, but couldnt find it! any info on it would be great.

thanks in advance
hilary

jayhjay
09-02-2003, 08:07 AM
I haven't used either of these, but a Sutemi is a similar style carrier to the ergo. Their web site is http://www.sutemipack.com. I would actually be curious for a comparison from anyone who has used both.

redheads
09-02-2003, 09:15 PM
They are both wonderful carriers and I have owned them both so I have a little experience with them each.

The Ergo styling is very nice and overall it is a very comfortable carrier. I just found that over time my shoulders would hurt a little and my hands would tingle a bit. Now, I had the older model (they have recently made some changes) so it may be different now, but some folks have this shoulder problem. A lot don't. This is why I purchased the Sutemi and yes, I did find it to be a bit more comfortable. Esp since it doesn't go around your shoulders. I do however, wish I had a different color - not much to complain about.

This is a very brief summary of the two. I'll be happy to answer any questions.

Wendy
Mom to Hannah 10/6/96 and Samuel 6/29/02 - both redheads!