PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone not like a pouch?

jd11365
09-04-2003, 02:46 PM
Just got my KKACP...I was so excited...but it just doesn't feel natural/comfortable to me or the baby. She cries every time I try to put her in. (OK, I've only tried twice.) I think maybe because it covers and confines her more than the Bjorn or the Wilkinet. With the Bjorn or the Wilkinet, her little legs and arms could stick out...I think maybe she felt more freedom? I dunno. I only have 10 days from the date of receipt to decide if this is what I want, but I'm not thinking it's going to work. I''m thinkin' I should have kept the Wilkinet, but it wasn't the easiest for a hip carry which is what she prefers the most. This isn't quite sturdy enough for a 4 month old in a hip carry. Maybe I should keep it for then? Any other suggestions?

TIA!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5/1/03

C99
09-04-2003, 03:04 PM
Try it when she's in a good mood -- just up from a nap or after breastfeeding. And keep trying. If she doesn't like it after several tries, you may want to return it. Nate didn't like anything that snapped or confined him at around 3-4 months so it could just be the age too.

stillplayswithbarbies
09-04-2003, 07:23 PM
When Logan was newborn, she would only tolerate the pouch (I have the fleece) when she was asleep. As soon as she woke up, she wanted to stretch her arms and legs. Then she went through a phase where she liked being in it with just her head sticking out, in the kangaroo carry. Now, she sometimes likes her arms out, and sometimes wants to snuggle down with her arms inside. If she is in a quiet mood, or has been sleeping, she seems to want to hide from the world in there.

So, your baby might change as time goes by and like to be in different positions. A ring sling might be better for variety. I can almost always find a position in the Zolo that Logan likes.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

zen_bliss
09-05-2003, 12:20 AM
the KKACP is the one i've been grabbing first recently for around the house and quick errands, and for the hip carry -- she's only 4 months old, but i pull the fabric up over her shoulders & arms for safety and she seems like a happy little monkey looking around. when her legs are fully in this one she'll squirm because it doesn't have the give of the fleece, so that's why we've been using hipcarry almost exclusively. i also find the KKACP not so BF friendly because of the lesser stretch.