PDA

View Full Version : Stephanie and Zolo sling owners

daisymommy
09-04-2003, 08:54 PM
Hypothetically speaking ;)If I did buy another cotton Zolo...
Is the French Toile print much heavier than the natural cotton? I had (and returned) the plain natural. I woudl like to still be able to use a sling in this very humid Virginia weather. It probably won't cool down here till late October, nearly 2 months from now. Is the Toile, which I understand to be two layers thick, too hot and heavy for warm weather? Would I just be better off with the single layer natural fabric? Or does it not make that big of a difference?

When threading a ring sling (such as the Zolo) and you are gathering the sides in fan style (as you previously described, Stepahnie), am I only folding in one side till it meets up with the other side, so it is in a folded accordian style stack, and both rails are lined up on top of each other? Or do you fold in both sides at the same time, working them towards the center, till the two rails are side by side, like a set of shutters/cupboard doors? When you pull the tail through the rings should it look like that with the two rails meeting together in the center?
It looks cool like that on my reversible sling that I made, but is kind of hard to adjust! I wish there was a website that had step-by-step pictorial descriptions of how to thread a sling...hmmm, maybe someone could post some attachments that show how to do this?

And last but not least, am I crazy-obsessed-out-of-my-mind to be considering buying a cotton Zolo at full price? Is it really that worth it? I just can't seem to let it go! I have made three slings lately trying to satisfy myself, and all I can think about is how much nicer a Zolo would be!

egoldber
09-04-2003, 09:04 PM
Amy, I have the toile and it is a single layer fabric and not at all heavy. It is heavier, than say a quilting cotton, but less so than a cotton twill. That being said, I think any sling would be considered "hot" in the weather we have had lately! The windows in my house are all steamy from the humidity! I think we're in a rain forest, not Virginia! :)

I have always re-threaded my Zolo in what I "think" you are describing when you say fold in both sides at the same time. I do then fuss with it a bit so that the fabric is not bunched up in the rings.

If you are balking at the price of the Zolo, maybe try one from TaylorMadeTreasures? I adore the water sling I have from there.

HTH,

cinrein
09-05-2003, 08:10 AM
I have heard talk that there will be another Zolo sale in December. Could just be a rumour, but maybe you can wait it out to see?

Also, did you see the link for the instructional video that Beth posted before? That showed you how to rethread a ring sling. Maybe Beth could repost--I would but am on a different pc right now and don't have the link saved here.

Cindy\r\nMama to Anna 2/11/03

egoldber
09-05-2003, 08:12 AM
That was one of the Maya Wrap videos as www.mayawrap.com.

HTH,

daisymommy
09-05-2003, 09:16 AM
Hmmm...very interesting. I just watched the video, and it shows the instructor only working from one side, fan folding to the other. I was thinking you were supposed to work the two sides into the middle to meet each other? And if anyone does it this way (working with two sides), do you fold the first pleat underneath, or over so the rail edges are on top? That was always my problem with the Zolo, trying to get the pocket to show on top when threaded through the rings. It was always covered by the two rail egdes, meeting like cupboard doors over top of it.

susabusa
09-05-2003, 10:11 AM
http://www.quinnclairetatum.com/family/id12.html

daisymommy
09-05-2003, 10:44 AM
AAAHHH-HAAA! I finally got it! I was doing it wrong! Granted I don't have a Zolo in front of me to work with (pou-pout), but I have a sling I made. And my edges were not at the sides of the rings as you pictured. Mine were folded over into the center! No wonder I had such a horrible time adjusting it! Thank you so very much Stepahnie for your help. I think I will print that page out :)

houseof3boys
09-05-2003, 10:53 AM
I second your AAHHH-HAAA! I was doing it wrong too. Better Zolo wearing here we come. Thanks for posting the website with pics Stephanie!

daisymommy
09-05-2003, 03:16 PM
Just an FYI...I emailed Darien at Zolowear and asked if there were any upcoming sales. She said contrary to popular belief, there is NOT going to be a sale in December (Bummer :(). She said it could be up to a year before there is another one.

Edited to Add:
I just couldn't hold out any longer...I bought a cotton Zolo in natural fabric yesterday :) One great thing is, Darien is switching to lighter weight (but still ultra strong) metal rings. I requested to wait an extra week to get one with the new light weight rings. I'm so excited! :D

LD92599
09-06-2003, 10:45 AM
A third AHHH HAH!!!!

Thanks for the link! I finally had DS in the Zolo for about 10 minutes...it's a start! We have a town fair later...i might try it out again there...at least we'll be on the move!

Laura
mom to William 3.5.2003

egoldber
09-07-2003, 09:48 AM
That's a good move on her part I think. My one complaint about the sling is that the rings are pretty heavy.

calebsmama03
09-07-2003, 10:47 AM
I missed the zolo sale and was wondering just how *good* the sale was??? Can someone enlighten me?
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

egoldber
09-07-2003, 12:08 PM
It was 25% off orders over $99. Darien even did a special deal for BabyBargains Board folks, making it 25% any order over $75, so even the cotton slings were on sale.

calebsmama03
09-08-2003, 05:24 PM
WOW! Too bad I missed it!!
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03