PDA

View Full Version : Sling newbie considering silk Zolo

marinkitty
09-05-2003, 07:41 PM
Hi all. I never thought I would be a sling person, they just didn't seem very "me" but the Baby Bjorn is officially breaking my back and now that my DD is out of the infant car seat I need a non-stroller option. A woman in my Gymboree class had on a silk Zolo the other day (first one I'd ever seen) and I loved the look of it. But, I've never used a sling and am not great with being patient monkeying around with new contraptions. With a 6 month old do you think the Zolo is a good purchase? Will I be fed up trying to figure it out?

TIA for your input.

Holly (mom to Mia, 3/17/03)

Momof3Labs
09-05-2003, 08:50 PM
I bought my first sling when Colin was 5 months old and have used my slings in the hip carry position almost exclusively. They are worth their weight in gold!! Colin is too heavy and wiggly to hold in my arms for any length of time, and the slings solve that problem! I found them very easy to use, although they required a little tinkering to make things "just right."

Oh, I have a cotton Zolo, a Solarveil by Rev. Jan, a pouch by Daisy Doodles and a hemp pouch from Mom & Me Creations.

stillplayswithbarbies
09-05-2003, 09:19 PM
It does take some fiddling with and some practice. If you aren't sure you will like it, you might want to start with a cheaper ring sling and then get the silk Zolo when you are sure you like slings.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

mommyj
09-06-2003, 10:02 AM
I'm pretty sure you can return a Zolo sling for 30 days, so you could always buy one, try it out, & then return it if you don't like it.