PDA

View Full Version : Don't think this sling fits right

Marisa6826
09-06-2003, 04:18 PM
I received my Chic Papoose sling today. I ordered the XL due to the large boob issue, but when I tried Sophie in it she was roughly elbow height on me and the sling was up against my neck. When I shoved it lower, it cut into my upper arm.

I have emailed the owner, hoping she can either make me a bigger one or suggest another alternative.

I SO wanted this to work!

ARGH.

-m

daisymommy
09-06-2003, 10:07 PM
Sorry! It sounds like it's too small. Sophie should be at hip level height, and the sling should be at the outer edge of your shoulder, not digging into your neck. I hope she can make you a new-larger one. They are pretty!

Marisa6826
09-06-2003, 11:58 PM
Well, she still hasn't emailed or called back. I specifically told her that I got her product information from this site, so she might be lurking.

If so, Jennifer I would love to talk to you about the possibility of a larger sling.

-m

kristie
09-07-2003, 12:31 AM
Hi,

I just wanted to make a quick post for Jennifer.

I made the original post about her slings, wondering if anyone had bought one before. Well, I had contacted her and she was very nice! We both own business, and we were just chatting as well. She told me that she also owns a wedding consulting business and right now she is out of town until the 8th doing a wedding.
I don't know her very well, but I do believe she would get back in touch with you. I was going to order a sling but wasn't sure if it would fit right, she offered to send me one and keep my credit card on file. She said if I didn't like it, I could send it back and she then wouldn't charge my credit card.

Hopefully she will get back to you when she gets back home.

BTW which sling did you get? I like the Piper from what I can see!
I am still thinking of getting one! are they well made?

Marisa6826
09-07-2003, 09:26 AM
Hi Kristie-

Thanks so much for the information about Jennifer.

The sling itself is beautiful (I got the Ceilia) and is very well made.

There's a pretty large logo for Chic Papoose on it, which although I'm not thrilled about, is OK. It's kind of like being an advertisement. If another Mommy is interested in it simply because if it so being different and pretty, I'm sure I could remember to tell them the name of the sling.

I didn't realize just how WIDE the slings are. There's a LOT of fabric on the opposite side of where the baby sits. I know in her directions, Jennifer said it could be bunched, spread out or folded. I guess I just need to get used to it (assuming I can get a bigger one).

It came all wrapped up in tissue paper and a bow. It was fun to open :)

I would recommend it if you can get it in your size (and want an unadjustable sling). I like the fact that you can fold it up and just toss it in your dipe bag.

-m

egoldber
09-07-2003, 09:43 AM
Do you have the fabric folded and the baby sitting in the pocket? There shouldn't be a ton of fabric on your shoulder, only half the width of the sling.

Which carry are you trying to use? If the hip carry, make sure sure she is deep in the pocket with her tush below her knees. I don't think the photos are so terrific on their website showing moms using the product (although the fabrics are beautiful!)

Here's instructions at Kangaroo Korner (the directions are appropriate for any pouch sling).

http://www.kangarookorner.com/k_how_afp.shtml

HTH,

Marisa6826
09-07-2003, 09:12 PM
Beth-

The entire sling is too small for me to wear it properly. That's why I'm hoping to contact the owner of the business. I did have it folded, just as her instructions directed.

I tried the kangaroo and the sling is so tight I couldn't even fit Sophie in.

I also tried the hip carry, and we were just about siamese twins.

:(

-m

Marisa6826
09-08-2003, 05:59 PM
Just wanted to let everybody know that I heard from Jennifer this morning via email and it turns out that somewhere in the ordering process the wrong size sling was sent to me.

Jennifer's sending me an XL straight away.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will fit.

Will keep everybody posted!!

-m