PDA

View Full Version : Zolo or Wilkinet?

caffeinedreams
09-08-2003, 09:17 PM
My cousin is trying to decide on a carrier and is torn between these two, and can only afford one, not both. She is due any day now and I told her I would ask here and get opinions on which carrier would give the most use, versatility, and comfort for both she and her baby. I know they are both wonderful carriers and she really can't go wrong either way, but any input would be much appreciated. Thank you.

daisymommy
09-09-2003, 11:52 AM
ZOLO!
Personally, I would say once you learn how to use a sling, you'll never wnat to go back to a front/back pack type carrier again!Traditional carriers have all the straps, buckles, snaps, etc. that take too long and are pain to do and un-do. Most little babies don't want to be dangled down off of you. They want the security of being curled with their legs next to their body, either in the cradle hold or tummy to tummy position of a sling. You a can nurse in s ling, but not a Wilkinet (as far as I know). Also, when your baby gets bigger, I don't care how good a carrier is, it won't be comfortable to carry them around for too long, unless they are on your hip (in hip carry in a sling.)
My DS Joshua is 25+ lbs. at one year, and is as big (weight and height wise) as some two year olds are. But he is a very high need baby that still wants to be held and carried alot. With a sling, it's no problem. I can wear him in a sling on my hip for a long time without back and shoulder pain. But he would never fit in a different carrier. Even backpacks aren't comfortable. I think you get your money's worth out of a sling!

Momof3Labs
09-09-2003, 05:01 PM
ITA with Amy!! Go for the Zolo!

caffeinedreams
09-09-2003, 05:39 PM
Thanks so much--the decision is the Zolo!