PDA

View Full Version : I LOVE my KKFP...help me love my WRF hip baby!

amyff
09-09-2003, 04:15 PM
I ordered a fir green fleece pouch from KK last month and I just love it! It is very comfortable and it only took a couple practice runs before I felt like a pro (hip carry only). I feel like we will use it even more as it gets cooler outside. We also have a WRF hip baby but we have not been able to use it...Ava likes to lean way forward and to the side while I carry her. I just don't feel like she likes to be in it. The KKFP just holds her closer to me and it is just as comfy as the Hip Baby (if not more). DH is pushing me to sell the Hip Baby and get another KKFP for him but I hate to part with it so soon! We have only used it for a total of 10 minutes two times before Ava started to do the "lean". Any suggestions on how to keep her from knocking me off balance? I have her strapped in pretty tight and she doesn't need any support from me (I have both hands free).
Thanks,
Amy and Ava (12/20/02)

Momof3Labs
09-09-2003, 05:05 PM
The WRF hip carrier doesn't work for me either. I hate how it digs into my neck - my pouches and slings are soooo much kinder to my neck, shoulder and back! I really should sell my WRF, too, but keep on thinking that someday I will like it - but that someday hasn't come yet!

bnme
09-10-2003, 10:57 AM
I like my WRF Hip Baby, but I should say it's the only carrier I have tried so I can't compare.

Do you have it on really tight? My DS is somewhat restricted and he is big and very active. Do you have the shoulder thingee adjusted right? I also keep the waist belt very tight (on me) and pull the adjusters on the pouch part.

Do you have her on the side enough? Maybe you are using it too far toward the front?

Just some ideas!
I hope it either works for you or you get a good return if you sell! I am going to try out a KK pouch for baby#2 (if & when!)

amyff
09-10-2003, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the responses and ideas. I am going to try it again tomorrow evening during an outdoor concert. I will try cinching the waist band really tight and pulling the "baby hugger" straps tighter. But, I think I will put my FP in the diaper bag just in case!
Amy and Ava