PDA

View Full Version : Ergo or Girasol?

egoldber
09-10-2003, 01:51 PM
OK, so I'm still on the fence about the whole back carrier thing. On one hand, I'm thinking that an Ergo would be easier to learn to use. But on the other hand I LOVE the look of the Ellaroo/Girasol/Didymos type slings.

Can anyone compare using either or both of these carriers with a 28 pound toddler?

Thanks!

heytootsy
09-10-2003, 07:47 PM
Beth,
I vote girasol. I have a didy and love wearing it. It is so comfortable, and you can wear it so many different ways. I think it is actually easier than the Ergo once you get the hang of it. You can adjust it to fit you perfectly, and you do not have to worry about buckles and straps digging into you. Don't get me wrong, I love my ergo, but love the didy more. If you dh is planning on wearing it, too, then I would get the ergo. My hubby won't be caught dead in a sling but loves the ergo.

lizamann
09-10-2003, 10:32 PM
Sorry I can't help since I don't have my Ergo yet or a 28 lb toddler, but I just wanted to say that I just used my Didy again for a walk with my 13 pounder tonight and it was so darned comfortable! Then after Sarah grows out of it you can use it as a table runner, cut it into placemats, napkins, etc. but I'm not sure I could really do that to such a pretty piece of cloth, but that was one "justification" for getting it! If you're at all into textiles, it's just a really great piece of hand-woven cloth that almost makes it worth it alone! (all three types!)

lizamann
09-10-2003, 10:34 PM
Hey Tootsy,
Did you get my e-mail about Chicago Slingfest? I really hope that you can make it!

heytootsy
09-11-2003, 12:28 AM
Yes, I got it. I am still trying to figure out our week. I will email you!

csa12
09-11-2003, 08:54 PM
Hi Beth -
So I got my Ellaroo and tried DS in it for the first time in the "rucksack" carry. He is about 24-25 lbs and I was a little nervous at first. But for a beginner, it went ok. I had him on the couch and was able to hoist him onto my back and tying the fabric was manageable. I definately have to practice more especially with how to wrap the fabric but I am liking it so far. To be honest and this could be because it was my first time, he felt heavy on my back, but I have to get better at spreading the fabric out and wrapping him tighter to my body. I think that will make it more comfortable for me. The fabric seemed really long for me (I am 5'6 and I got the 4.3 meter size) but you definately use up the fabric when wrapping. I got the beautiful "Christiane" color which is just gorgeous. I say go for it!

lizamann
09-11-2003, 10:56 PM
I have the Christiane and it is fabulous! How long were your "tails" after tying the rucksack? Don't you just love the fringe?

csa12
09-12-2003, 01:39 PM
Hi Beth -
I would say the tails fell about 2 feet ( a little less) from my waist after wrapping. Not too cumbersome. I love the fringe and like it much better than I thought. I just have to practice more! :)

Cheryl

emmasmama
09-12-2003, 05:36 PM
Ooooh! Chicago Slingfest?? When is it? I will be in Chicago next weekend Fri through Monday - I'd love to swing by with my sister while I'm visiting!

lizamann
09-12-2003, 08:27 PM
Sorry! It's going to be on a weekday. Bummer.

emmasmama
09-13-2003, 07:26 AM
:(... thanks anyway!