PDA

View Full Version : Maya vs. Zolo?

nofeea
09-11-2003, 09:35 PM
I went to check out a Zolo and the saleswoman was trying to convince me to try a Maya instead. I've never worn a sling before but there are now times when I'd like to be able to use one (DD is 10 mos. old.) Any advice? Thanks...

stillplayswithbarbies
09-11-2003, 10:14 PM
The Zolo is better all around. If money is not an issue, get the Zolo. Why did the salesperson say the Maya was better?

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

lizamann
09-11-2003, 10:53 PM
I'm curious where you were. And I have the same question as Karen.
The maya does have things going for it, like better price! And the fact that it's handloomed (most of them) is cool. While most people think that the Zolo is super comfy, there may be those whom the maya just suits better. I've never seen the cotton Zolo, but the silk is just gorgeous.

MiaPia
09-11-2003, 10:57 PM
I've owned both of these slings, and personally I like the Zolo MUCH better. I had a harder time loosening or tightening the Maya, and it never felt as comfortable as the Zolo - plus, DS screamed everytime I put him in it. I got the Zolo after my bad experience with the Maya, but immediately noticed the difference in how it fit and felt. Both my son and my daughter love to ride in it (Once I got the hang of it that is! There is a definite learning curve!)! Just my two cents!

JerseyMom
09-12-2003, 06:34 AM
See, different strokes...

I love my Maya. The cotton is soft feeling and so light. It has wonderful give and breathes, making it a great sling for the summer. I find it easier to adjust than my silk Zolo. I do think the Maya has a much bigger learning curve than the Zolo, which means the Maya has more room for user error which equals uncomfortable baby wearing. That being said though, once you master the Maya, it is an easy, wonderfully adaptable to the situation sling.

I think the Zolo is more tailored which makes me feel refined, where the Maya make me feel bohemian and very earthy. I haven't worn my Zolo as much as I would like, but it has been to warm here to give it a proper go. Fall is coming and I expect this sling to get some full time use soon. Maybe my feelings will change then.

nofeea
09-12-2003, 03:08 PM
The store was The Upper Breast Side in NYC. And the saleswoman was not very warm and encouraging overall so I didn't really get into all the details with her. She seemed to say that as a first time sling user I might as well start with something much cheaper. I was really looking to see which is easier and more comfy to use...