PDA

View Full Version : Where did you get your didymos?

toomanystrollers
09-12-2003, 07:03 AM
Just wondering if anyone got a really good deal on one. I've been looking at Ebay Germany :) but my "Sprechen sie Deutcsh?" has long evaporated from my brain.

lizamann
09-12-2003, 09:31 AM
I saw a didy that went for something like $65 recently on US ebay. BUt I don't think that happens very often. My husband ordered ours and claims that there are only 2 us distrubutors, neither of whom offer them cheap. You can ask on the Yahoo babywearingSWAP group if anyone is willing to part with one. Is there a reason you specifically want the didy as opposed to a Girasol, which run about $80? Except for specific color combos and the tapered ends of the didy, they're pretty much the same.

Beth

stillplayswithbarbies
09-12-2003, 11:28 AM
I just recently won a didy on German eBay. :) I used a translation site to translate to English. http://babelfish.altavista.com/

If you add the auction to My eBay by putting it on your watch list, and then go to My eBay and click on it from there, all of the eBay stuff will be in English for you and you only have to translate the seller's description.

You can ask questions on the International Trading board on eBay, they were very helpful to me about how business is done in Germany before I decided to bid. I ended up mailing cash in US Dollars to the seller. I'll let you know how it all goes when my didy arrives. I paid $67 for mine, it's a great way to get them cheaper.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

egoldber
09-12-2003, 01:08 PM
Now Karen, look what you just did! (foot stomping!!!!) Now you have me stalking German eBay!!!! :)

But all the ones I saw would only ship to Germany. Did you find one that said they would ship international or did you just ask the seller to ship here?

mommyj
09-12-2003, 02:39 PM
I went to the German ebay after reading this post, too. I couldn't find anything, though. Maybe I'll try again now that I'm more awake. That's all I need...another website to stalk. *LOL*

stillplayswithbarbies
09-12-2003, 10:29 PM
I found one that ships internationally. If you put the URL of the auction through the translation website, you can see if they ship worldwide or not.

Or you can use the Advanced Search feature to get just the ones that ship worldwide. The way I did it is I brought up the search in US eBay and in another window I brought it up in German eBay so I could figure out which option let me choose "worldwide shipping". Or maybe it was shipping to USA.

The one I have coming is a size 6, I think I will be looking for a 7, but was too impatient to wait any longer, so I got this one to try it.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

toomanystrollers
09-13-2003, 10:00 AM
Thanks Beth,
I'm going to check out the Girasols as well. DD is a total babywearing monster :)

egoldber
09-14-2003, 09:30 PM
I just went to the German eBay main page and put "didymos" in the search and got 4 pages of carriers, all very reasonable priced!