PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had holes form in the seam of their KKAFP?

emmasmama
09-12-2003, 03:55 PM
There is a small hole starting to form near the seam on my pouch. It's definitely not from overuse because I haven't worn it alot this summer with all the heat. I've probably used it maybe 15-20 times and started using it in the beginning of June. Just put DD in it today because it's cooled down some and noticed the hole starting to form - it's very tiny right now, but it looks like the "threads" of the fleece are starting to separate and I'm sure it will get bigger.

Should I just put a couple of stitches in it? Or do you think I should contact Tanya? To complicate matters, I think it's a little too big for me at this point, after losing some of the pregnancy weight, so I'd been thinking about ordering a medium (instead of the large which I have now). I don't want to do that though if it has the potential for another hole.

Let me know if this is just a fluke!

Calmegja
09-12-2003, 04:13 PM
Call Tanya.

I've got three from her, and they are heavily used and washed, and we have never had anything approaching a hole.

Sounds like it needs to be reseamed. I'd give her a call or drop her an email, and tell her what's up. I am sure she'll want to know....

susabusa
09-12-2003, 04:52 PM
I would definately talk to Tanya -- but I know she is moving this weekend.. so give her a couple of days to get settled as I'm sure she is really busy at the moment!

zen_bliss
09-12-2003, 06:59 PM
definitely email tanya! i think it does happen on the rare occasion because there is one listed for sale on the babywearing group that had this happen as well.

daisymommy
09-13-2003, 10:10 AM
All slings from KK are garanteed for their workmanship for one year after purchase. Contact Tanya :)

emmasmama
09-15-2003, 02:28 PM
Okay thanks everyone - I'll go ahead and send her a quick email!

emmasmama
09-16-2003, 04:53 AM
I just searched and found that post on the babywearing swap you were talking about - it sounds like the same problem. Tanya has offered to fix the hole for me, so that's good, but since I don't feel like the size is right, I'm not sure if it's worth it. Should I have her reseam it and then try to sell it on the yahoo group? I've only been using it for a few months and barely at that since it was so hot this summer I haven't even had it on since the end of June. Is there a good resale on these? I'm not too familiar with the babywearing swap, but I just signed up for it.

Thanks for your help!

edited to add: YAAY! I DON'T HAVE TO SELL MY POUCH :) NEVERMIND ABOUT THE ABOVE - TANYA IS ADDING AN EXTRA ROW OF SNAPS FOR ME, SO HOPEFULLY IT WILL FIT :) :) :)

emmasmama
09-16-2003, 05:08 AM
I just realized that my pouch only has 3 rows of snaps and Tanya said in her response to my email that they can't go above 4 (I guess this was how many rows of snaps used to be on the pouches?). So now I'm hoping that she'll be able to fix my hole and add another row of snaps and the problem will be solved! I hope one more row of snaps will be enough to take care of the sizing problem? This buying stuff while you are pregnant to fit after you're pregnant is such a guessing game! The pouch fit great for the first month postpartum (and on the middle row of snaps!), but now it's like I have a completely different body.

emmasmama
09-16-2003, 09:06 AM
I really need to stop replying to myself ;)

I talked to Tanya and problem solved. She'll fix the hole for free and add an extra row of snaps for $2.

I couldn't be happier! Talk about good customer service - she is in the middle of moving and she still managed to reply to my emails and resolve this for me. I'm telling you, she is a superwoman!