PDA

View Full Version : Yea! Looks like I'm a sling wearer!

jd11365
09-12-2003, 04:13 PM
After the Bjorn, Wilkinet, KKACP, and something from Target, it looks like I'm a sling wearer. Britchick was kind enough to mail her Maya Sling to me to try out and sure enough I got it on the first shot and DD was happy as a clam! The only problem is that DH wasn't impressed with the style to say the least. I have to say...I did look a bit on the National Geographic side with it...no offense to Maya wearers. Does the style of the Zolo or a Taylor Made Treasures make a big difference?

TIA!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5/1/03

stillplayswithbarbies
09-12-2003, 10:16 PM
Yes the style makes a big difference. The cotton Zolo just looks crisp and clean. It's like Dockers and a button down shirt. Not like the Maya, which is a broomstick pleated skirt and Birkenstocks. :)

I don't mean to offend anyone, I have a Zolo and a Maya pouch and I like them both. (and I have dockers and the aforementioned broomstick pleated skirt too)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

JerseyMom
09-13-2003, 08:20 AM
I have said the same things over and over. The Maya is bohemian and the Zolo is tailored. Nothing wrong with either look, but just a matter of style. And I own (and love!!) both a Zolo and a Maya.

houseof3boys
09-13-2003, 02:08 PM
Karen nailed it on the head with her analogy. That's why I didn't get a maya...not my style. I have a red cotton zolo that is perfect for me. I'm not really a silk girl either although they are beautiful!!! I'm glad you found one that you liked.

I am getting much better at the zolo too! I have been practicing a lot.

stillplayswithbarbies
09-14-2003, 12:12 PM
so to carry the analogy forward . . . what style is the silk Zolo?

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

JerseyMom
09-14-2003, 07:51 PM
The silk Zolo is like formalwear, but I wouldn't reserve it just for formal occasions. I bought the blue silk Zolo and it dresses up jeans and a t-shirt, or works elegantly with a dress or skirt. The silk is definitely a high-end, upscale sling.

egoldber
09-14-2003, 09:24 PM
Maybe Ann Taylor?

lizamann
09-14-2003, 09:42 PM
Manolo Blahnik. This is the "sex in the city" sling, if they were to wear one!

lilye13
09-14-2003, 11:45 PM
I'm curious if I'm a sling wearer. We are barely Bjorn wearer. We've only used it a few times and Nicholas doesn't seem to like his hands to stick out of the slots - he likes them close. He is only almost eight weeks but he is over 12.5 lbs ( he was born 9.4/2 weeks overdue) so I wonder if he is going to be too heavy and long to make using the sling comfortable for either of us.
any insights?

elizabeth
( first time) mommie to nicholas 7/22/03

daisymommy
09-15-2003, 10:19 AM
Here's a link to a recent discussion of someone asking this same question. basically I would say to you, that the heavier the baby gets, the more you need a sling! There are several of us here that ditched the Bjorn and now wear our toddlers (my one year old is 26lbs.) in a sling. If your son likes to have his arms and/or feet tucked up to him, as most little babies do, then a sling is PERFECT for that. The best way to make them happy in a sling is the tummy to tummy carry. I'll try to post a picture of this. Here's the discussion link.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=62&topic_id=353&mesg_id=353&listing_type=search

lilye13
09-21-2003, 02:18 PM
thanks!
of course now I am curious about the wilkienet (sp) and the Zolo's. It seems that he is going to be long and heavy for his age but he is still a baby and needs the comfort just as much. SO I have been checking things out.Like I need more toys!! Since we live in surbialand it's a harder to justify but I think it's worth it. Also the Zolo seems to have good customer service/support so worse comes to worse I could return it.

elizabeth mommie to nicholas 7/22/03