PDA

View Full Version : For those who love their mayas

jmofarrill
09-13-2003, 07:34 PM
I am considering purchasing a Maya sling for my 4 mo dd. I currently use a Nojo with Anwyn, but I'm not particularly fond of it (and I'm not alone by what I've read on previous posts!). I don't care for all the padding because it's too hot and bulky (I live in South FL), it's too mass-market for my tastes, and I have never been successful in breastfeeding in it because of lack of cover-up; I prefer the more natural look of the Maya and I think the tail would be great for covering up for breastfeeding.

Here's my question:
I keep reading that the Maya has a high learning curve, but since I figured out how to carry Anwyn around in the Nojo, will it really be all that different from the Maya?

I'm thinking of picking up the Maya pouch, too. Any advice on the pouch would be appreciated, too.

Thank you!

stillplayswithbarbies
09-14-2003, 12:10 PM
If you figured out the Nojo, the Maya will be a cinch for you. :)

The Maya Pouch is nice, but the disadvantage of the pouch is that you can't adjust it, so it either fits or it doesn't. It's also difficult to do some of the carries in it since you can't pull it tight. It's good for the cradle carry with newborns, or the hip carry with older babies. I use it when I am sitting down and don't need to be as secure.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

jmofarrill
09-15-2003, 11:25 AM
Thanks, Karen!

I'm going to go ahead and pick up the Maya sling. I saw a lady at TRU the other night with her 3 mo in the Maya, and I fell in love with it. It didn't look any more complicated than my Nojo; it actually looked simpler! I can hardly wait to get it now. I made a mistake and looked at the Zolo site - if I can ever afford the brocade/silk sling (dd will probably be too old by then!), I might pick one up. :)

Thanks again,