PDA

View Full Version : Sling advice needed

ralu
09-15-2003, 08:27 PM
I recently bought a hotsling and fell in love with slings. To my surprise, DH expressed interest in wearing one, so now I am looking for an adjustable sling that would fit both of us (I am 5'6"; DH is 6'3"). Ideally we should be able to wear it in cold weather, too.
I understand Maya Wrap may be a good choice, but also read mixed reviews about it. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Raluca & Matei (Feb 2003)

upikabu
09-15-2003, 08:59 PM
I would definitely recommend the Adjustable Fleece Pouch from Kangaroo Korner (aka KKAFP, http://www.kangarookorner.com/k_shop_pouches.shtml). I think you will need a size Large, but you can double-check the measurements in the website.
Both DW and I love this pouch. It's especially great in cool/cold weather!

Good luck with your decision!
-PW

egoldber
09-15-2003, 09:00 PM
Do you want another pouch or a ring sling? The only adjustable pouches I know of are the fleece and cotton ones from Kangaroo Korner (www.kangarookorner.com) and the hemp pouch from Mom and Me Creations. I know that Maya is also working on an adjustable pouch, but I'm not sure if its available yet.

But the problem may be that 5'6" to 6'3" is a long way to adjust. A ring sling could work, but you would have a very long tail on it if you got one that would work for your DH also.

Honestly, I think you'll both be happier if you each got something that fit you really well.

HTH,

ralu
09-15-2003, 09:25 PM
>Do you want another pouch or a ring sling?

I was thinking a ring sling. I looked at the sizing for the KK pouches, but unfortunately we would need different sizes.

>Honestly, I think you'll both be happier if you each got
>something that fit you really well.

Any recommendations if we were to go that route? I wouldn't want to spend a fortune, but need something really comfy. While I like the hotsling, I am not happy that it cannot be adjusted at all and I am afraid that I won't be able to wear it with bulky clothing during the winter.

Thanks a lot,

Raluca & Matei (Feb 2003)

parkersmama
09-15-2003, 10:55 PM
I am 5'4" and dh is 6'0" and we are both able to wear the KKAFP. I got a large and had her add an extra row of snaps. I wear it on the smallest setting and on the rare occasion that dh uses it, we just adjust it out one snap setting. It really works out nicely. If you needed, you could even have her add two extra rows of snaps.

houseof3boys
09-16-2003, 11:04 AM
I think you should just get him a $15 hotsling like you have and get yourself an adjustable. I am very new to slinging but I started with a hotsling and have a zolo. DH has his own hotsling too and while he does enjoy wearing it, it is no wear near the amount of time that I wear mine. I am 5'5" and he is 6'2" so even with an adjustable it just seemed like a pain to me since I would be the primary wearer. The sling would be huge....wouldn't it? All of that extra fabric to accomodate someone so tall?

lizamann
09-16-2003, 02:41 PM
The simplest hotslings are now $20. That's still a pretty good price.

FWIW, my husband doesn't think the hotsling is comfy enough and prefers the Maya wrap. I think the hotsling is great for short periods, but if you're talking longer you will definitely want something adjustable.