PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a picture of herself wearing a silk Zolo sling?

rorycam
09-23-2003, 09:19 AM
I really, really want one, and I loved it based on the pictures on the website, but since it is so expensive I'd really like to see a picture of it "in real life" on someone so I can see if it looks as good as it does on the website. From everything I've read here, it is extremely high quality and very comfortable to wear, but I must admit part of the reason I want it is because of its gorgeous looks, so I'd like to make sure it looks as great as I think it does. I'm pretty certain it does, but if anyone has a picture I would love to see it. Thank you.

Rory

lizamann
09-23-2003, 06:40 PM
Here are some bad ones of me!

Calmegja
09-23-2003, 07:28 PM
That's not a bad picture at all...that's my red silk one, too....I love the fabric....and that is a darling babe...what I can see of her!

If you search the archives, Neve posted a picture of her turquoise silk sling.....

rorycam
09-23-2003, 10:26 PM
Gosh, thanks so much! The sling is just as beautiful as I thought it was, and you and your baby are so cute, too! If that is what you call a bad picture, you must be incredibly photogenic because that looks like a really good pic to me.

I really appreciate that. I was concerned that I would feel a bit "overwhelmed" with the amount of fabric of a sling and not look quite how I want to look (vain, I know), but it looks so sleek and stylish on you and at the same time your baby looks so comfy. You've made up my mind and I'm definitely getting one now. :)

Rory

lizamann
09-24-2003, 08:31 AM
Oh, I should add that this sling has been washed once on cold, hung to dry, and ironed. After washing and hanging to dry, it looked pretty bad and had shrunk a bit. But Darien recommended ironing it, which restored most of the length and brought back the sheen. So it washes well too, as long as you're willing to iron it! And after washing, the silk is much softer. When new, the tail kind of spreads out like a triangle, and after washing it it bunches up and hangs more.

What color are you getting?

mama2be
09-24-2003, 08:53 AM
You're beautiful!!!! What a great picture :)

rorycam
09-24-2003, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the additional information. I don't mind ironing too much, so that should be fine. I'm planning on getting the black one, though your red one is so beautiful and striking. I've been torn because they are all so gorgeous! It will be a few months before baby is here and I can actually use it, but I know once I get it I'll end up gazing at it several times a day just to marvel at its beauty.:)

Rory