PDA

View Full Version : How do you pick your sling color?

kkb99
09-27-2003, 11:09 PM
I am all set to buy a KKAFP, but am stuck on what color to get! I am such a purple fan, I am immediately drawn to those. BUT, was wondering if that is a good idea, since even though I do wear a lot of purple, they would not be the same purples (and may clash?), and also I do wear other colors... Had thought maybe black would be good, would go with everything, or the natural color. But black might seem so gloomy for a baby? or maybe not. and would the natural show dirt alot?

can't seem to make an decisions these days...

so how do you pick your color?? (And for now this will be my one and only sling)

thanks
Kristen

lizamann
09-28-2003, 11:34 AM
I am not the one to ask since I fussed over the color for more than a month and finally ordered TWO (eggplant AND French blue.) The eggplant was a second in the outlet, so I justify it that way and also keep thinking that I will give one to my brother when his daughter is born in November. We'll see... Currently the French blue is on loan to a friend who is testing it with her twins. So they both are getting use!

I love purples too. That's why I waited until I was able to get an eggplant one. It's great, but they don't have much left. I would worry about it clashing with your clothes. I think the black is a good idea if you don't have any light-colored pets. I don't think it's at all gloomy. The cream is pretty too. I bet the cream would show less spitup than the black. Maybe just go with the color that looks better on you? Does cream light up your face, or does black do it better?

Have fun making your decision. I don't think you'll be disappointed whichever way you go.

Beth

beckyr88
09-28-2003, 10:42 PM
I *totally* understand your dilemma, I had the exact same one!! I love those purple ones too. I ended up with the black, and I'm happy with it. I thought about the color for weeks, literally. What finally made me go with black is that it would go with everything, period. Also, the fact that I don't know if I would have been totally comfortable wearing the purple if I ever have a boy. And I don't think the black is too gloomy--I plan to get a funky hat!!! (for DD)

Good luck! You'll love your pouch, whatever color you get.