PDA

View Full Version : What hotslings fabrics do you have?

natividad
09-29-2003, 09:34 AM
I am strongly eyeing a Hotsling and was wondering what fabrics do you all have. I am leaning towards either the blue/white toile or her new Asian fabrics. Please help me choose one. I have a boy.

BTW, how do you like your Hotsling?

Thanks so much!
Naty
Mommy to Alexander

nitaghei
09-29-2003, 11:11 AM
I have the green toile and the french blue fleece.

Obviously, I love them - which is why I have two!! They really are idiot-proof - which is essential for someone as sling-impaired as I am. And Kristen is wonderful to work with.

The french blue fleece is gorgeous - perfect for a boy.

I actually don't care for the Asian prints (just a personal taste thing), but the toiles are pretty. But, I've decided I just prefer the clean look of solid colors.

Deciding on the fabrics is always hard!!

Nita

edited for typos.

kfcboston
09-29-2003, 11:13 AM
Hello! I have a khaki corduroy hotsling, and it's my only sling b/c I'm a newbie. I like it, although I think I'd prefer something with some stretch to it like the KKAFP. But I didn't want to spend too much on a first sling, and I do like the hotsling. My DS's large size (86% for weight, 90+% for length) makes it a challenge too, b/c the material doesn't stretch, yet he can't do the hip carry yet! Soon......

HTH!

lizamann
09-29-2003, 11:25 AM
I have a regular blue asian print, and a double-sided black toile reversing to black, with toddler rails.

I like the hotslings, but I find they do dig into legs in the hip carry unless you get the "toddler rail" option. I got this option on the toile one and really like it.

With the regular one-sided slings (the cheapest) I find mine really compact, but it does dig in to dd's legs. Also, I like to flip the shoulder to make a snugger fit, making the wrong side of the fabric show, which kind of bugs me.

So when I wanted another one I ordered it two-sided so that the black would contrast with the toile when flipped, and got the padded legs. I'm really happy with how it looks, but this brings the price up closer to a KKACP range. But this second sling with rails is really much nicer than the one-sided in my opinion. The toile itself is a little disappointing - it seems blurry, whereas the other toiles on her site look more crisp.

Beth

houseof3boys
09-29-2003, 12:12 PM
I have the red stretchy (really not stretchy) one and DH has the chinese letters one (I don't think she has that one anymore). I love the red because it matches everything! I have a red zolo too since that seems to be a neutral for me (I can't help that I wear a lot of black and navy).

We love our hotsling and use it when we are running inside a store instead of the stroller. Makes life much easier!

The toile looks pretty though. I am just kind of nutty about it matching my outfit. I like toile but if I had on a striped shirt, IMO I think it would look funny with so much pattern going on.

Kimberly H
09-29-2003, 06:37 PM
Naty,

Here's another option -- I sent my own fabric! It's a gorgeous ice blue batik with bits of purple and darker blue. It will be my 15-year old son's sling for his new sister. He can't wait!

I ordered a KK ring sling for me (again, custom fabric) and will order my own HotSling once I get Drew's here to try on and decide on a size. This one will be made from a gorgeous Asian fabric - black background with bright multi-colored Chinese letter/characters.

Both Kristen and Tanya have been blessings to work with and I can't wait for my slings!

natividad
09-30-2003, 10:47 AM
Thank you all for your responses!

Naty
Mommy to Alexander