PDA

View Full Version : Which first for newborn: KKFP or Zolo?

ginamlee
09-29-2003, 02:32 PM
Okay, I have both of these and admit that I'm SCARED!

My daughter was born about a week ago and I'm ready to try to wear her. Which one should I try first? I'm a novice baby wearer.

The only thing I've used is a Bjorn with my last child, and that was only a few times.

Calmegja
09-29-2003, 02:48 PM
Is it a silk or a cotton Zolo? If it's a cotton or silk Zolo that you've previously washed (I say wash the silk because it softens it up and makes it more adjustable), then I'd probably use that in the beginning, and save the pouch for a little bit later, although you could easily use it, as well.

I think it would be about your personal preference, and mine would be for a ring sling at that age.....

I don't think youc an go wrong here, I really don't.... ;-)

Congratulations on the wee babe!

mommyj
09-29-2003, 06:46 PM
I used my KKFP first when ds was a week or two old. It was easier for me to figure out at first, and he seemed to get lost in the zolo. Now I love them both.

parkersmama
09-29-2003, 09:28 PM
I vote for the pouch. It's so simple since there are no adjustments to be made. Also, it's very snuggly and tight and that gives a nice supported feel to the baby and you. If you're struggling with the cradle hold (I never really liked it), I suggest you give the tummy-to-tummy carry (as shown on this page: http://www.kangarookorner.com/k_how_afp.shtml ). It works really well even for a newborn and I was a lot more comfortable this way. Just make sure to pull the fabric up high behind her neck and head so that her little neck will be supported. HTH!

ginamlee
09-30-2003, 10:28 PM
Thanks everyone. :)

I will be trying them both out tomorrow, I think. I have a feeling that I may be back with lots more questions!

toomanystrollers
10-01-2003, 08:44 PM
Gina,
Congrats!!! FWIW, I started using my KK pouch when Neve was 'bout 2 wks. old and then mastered the zolo around 5 wks. old. She loves the tummy-to-tummy position in both of them.

ginamlee
10-01-2003, 09:17 PM
I guess I forgot to answer -- it is a cotton Zolo. I got a black cotton one when the Zolo "craze" was first taking root and she had a handful on clearance.

Still haven't had the opportunity to try her in either the KKFP or the Zolo. Why is it that they make the days so short whenever I have a newborn? ;)

stillplayswithbarbies
10-04-2003, 12:27 AM
The pouch. I was a lot more confident with the fleece pouch at first because it is nice and tight and foolproof because there are no adjustments. Just slip her down in there feet first and let the pouch cradle her between your breasts.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

ginamlee
10-06-2003, 09:37 AM
I tried the first one today: the KKFP. She fell asleep within 2 minutes! Wow! This is so awesome...she's in there now. Can't wait to try out the Zolo!