PDA

View Full Version : KKACP - How to do the T2T with his legs hanging down?

Debtex
09-30-2003, 03:36 AM
I think DS is ready to have his legs out when I carry him in the KKACP, but I can't figure out how to arrange the pouch properly so that his adorable little butt is supported properly. Maybe I'm just so used to tucking him in there that I'm missing the obvious, but I tried it a few times and he seemed to be in danger of slipping out the bottom!

Thanks in advance...

Deb

daisymommy
09-30-2003, 10:33 AM
Make sure the bottom rail comes at least to the bend in the back of his knees, if not a little further. So it should be over his bottom, across his thighs, and to his knees. Bend his knees a little bit so his bottom is lower than his knees (he will be tilted back just a little bit). This will keep him more secure, and help keep his legs from getting red marks on them too, since his full weight will be on his bottom, not his knees. When they are a little bigger, their legs sort of straddle you on either side. Check out the picture link below.
One good thing about learning this position well, is once you've mastered it, it's so much easier to do the hip carry once they're old enough. It's exactly the same thing, only they are resting on your hip, not your tummy.

Debtex
10-01-2003, 02:51 AM
THANKS!!