PDA

View Full Version : New baby, new sling -- is position okay?

Msmom
10-01-2003, 04:33 PM
I have a mom-and-me hemp pouch and a 2-1/2 week old. I"ve been trying to use it every day for the last week or so. He seems to love it -- he actually coos in his sleep when he's in there. Very cute! But he seems very squashed in there. He's pretty much completely inside the sling. I would call it a cradle hold, like he's in a hammock. If he isn't complaining, is he okay? Do I need to get him more upright? I'll post a picture if this doesn't make sense.
tia,
kelly

Momof3Labs
10-01-2003, 05:12 PM
Jen (of Mom & Me) has some great pictures of mommies with newborns in her sling on her site (I believe that they are under "reviews" or something like that). Maybe that will give you a better sense for what to expect. If he's content, though, and you are comfortable, then it is working for you! Some babies prefer to be more upright and some don't - sounds like you have one that doesn't care (lucky you!)!

And remember how squashed he was while in utero - he's probably feeling nice and cozy that way.

Congratulations on your baby!!

egoldber
10-01-2003, 07:19 PM
I agree with Lori. If he was uncomfortable, he'd complain!

Congrats on your new little one!

calebsmama03
10-02-2003, 12:30 PM
Yep - think of how smooshed up he was in the womb :) My DS actually loved being scrunched up in the sling - still does at nearly 7 months!
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

parkersmama
10-02-2003, 08:41 PM
Same here! The tighter the better at 5 months for Amy Grace. She actually sometimes doesn't like the carries where her legs hang out. And my rule about babies is "If they're not complaining, leave them alone!" Believe me, he'll let you know when he's unhappy or uncomfortable! :-) Congratulations!

Msmom
10-03-2003, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the confidence -- I'll continue wearing him however he's happy! Maybe I'll even have to look into a Zolo in a few months...
-k