PDA

View Full Version : Maya Wrap Adjustable Baby Pouch

new_mommy25
10-02-2003, 07:52 PM
I am ready to venture out into the world of slings but I am not sure on what to get. Based on posts I have read I thought I would get a KKAFP and then maybe a Zolo later on. While looking at slings today I came across this pouch and I really liked the look of it.
http://store.peppermint.com/maya-adjust-pouch.html
Does anyone have this? Do you think the Zippers would be easier or harder than snaps?
The things I liked were 100% cotton, comes with a video, and the price. Although I would be willing to pay more for a sling that is the most comfotable.
What do you folks think? Thank you.
*edited to ask: I really want something I can BF comfortably in. Is a pouch or sling a better choice?

chrissyhowie
10-03-2003, 10:47 PM
I really like that new sling design! It seems like the least bulky design for an adjustable pouch that exists right now. Since I hardly ever adjust my KK fleece pouch, I don't think the ease of using the snaps or zippers would influence my choice. I do worry though that those zippers might dig into you when carrying a heavier child.

A ring sling is hands-down much easier than a pouch for breast feeding. While it is possible in the pouch, it's not the easiest. If that is of major importance, I'd lean towards a ring sling.

HTH,

stillplayswithbarbies
10-03-2003, 11:50 PM
A sling is better for breastfeeding than a pouch. Pouches are great for quick in and out, but a sling is more versatile. Even though that pouch is adjustable, it is not infinitely adjustable like a sling. You probably won't be able to get an exact fit to get the baby to the right level to breastfeed.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

new_mommy25
10-05-2003, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the input. I thought about the zipper digging into the shouldar issue, and I'm going to call the site and ask someone about that. I also want to ask them when they are getting the new design in with a flap that covers the zipper. If I do purchase the pouch then I will post a review about it here. Then for a sling I will buy a cotton Zolo. I'm slowly breaking down DH, he is pretty hesitant about the price. :)

stillplayswithbarbies
10-05-2003, 07:40 PM
that is a great price for the prototype.

you can get the non-adjustable version at great prices now too since they are on clearance.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03