PDA

View Full Version : Just discovered a couple of new slings to tempt you . . .

csa12
10-05-2003, 09:25 PM
Ok I just got back from lurking on the babywearing Yahoo Group and discovered two interesting looking carriers that are less structured than the Ergos and Sutemis and have some potential for some serious back carrying.

One is called the cuddle n' carry and the other is called Kelley's Kozy Carrier. The appear to be derivatives of the Chinese Mei Tai carriers.

So far the reviews favor Kelley's Kozy carrier b/c of more padding and pretty fabrics, but people are also able to use the Cuddle n' Carry pretty comfortably too.

Forgive me if I am spilling the beans on something that everyone else knows about. I know a lot of people are looking for some carriers that allow for a comfortable back carry so I wanted to share and hear more reviews. (ok I mainly wanted others to join in on yet another carrier to fuel the addiction LOL!!)

I am working on figuring out how to post the links here . . .

Cheryl

lizamann
10-06-2003, 06:26 AM
OK Cheryl, how many slings have you bought since you started hanging out at the yahoo group? Isn't sling addiction a crazy thing? I read, if not post, there every day!

I think the Kelley's Kozy looks great. But personally I am waiting for the Ellaroo mei tai to come out before I buy another back carrier. For some reason I have high hopes for that one, but I have no idea how long it will be before they are in production.

csa12
10-06-2003, 08:51 AM
Hi Beth -
You caught me! This is bad and growing worse: Some slings I have bought or returned: 2 KKAFPs, Hotsling, a prototype ellaroo, a new style Ellaroo, and I just ordered an Ergo. I saw your pictures of the Zolo I really love that one but I have to really really figure out what my needs are now that DS is almost 9 months old.

The ones I have kept are the prototype Ellaroo, hotsling and the new Ellaroo. I can't wait to see how the Ergo works.

Do you get a lot of use out of the Zolo with the other slings you have? I want to see how practical it is. They are so pretty.

sigh . . .
Cheryl

lizamann
10-06-2003, 10:33 AM
Red silk Zolo practical? Are you kidding? It's not the one I go to for long comfortable walks, but I have certainly enjoyed it as a fashion accessory. Great for shopping when I have the stroller too, and for eating at a nicer restaurant. I don't use it more than once a week or even every other week. So not that practical. My long Ellroo wrap around, now I would call that practical. I've been wearing that a lot lately and it's really comfy.

Ellaroo prototype - are you talking about the wraparounds, or the ring slings? I have an Ergo too, but have been a little gun-shy since bruising my dd's face the last time I tried the back carry. I felt her arching out as I was putting her in, so I overcompensated by bending foreward too fast, and her little cheekbone crashed into the back of my head. So practece with someone around to spot you. I had been successful when spotted, and a couple times by myself, but then that happened. Good luck! I do want to try it again myself soon.

csa12
10-06-2003, 10:42 AM
I have the prototype ring sling. It's ok but hurts my shoulder after a bit. I have been gun shy about the Ellaroo wraparound, I need to compare this with the Ergo once I get it. I cannot keep both of these!