PDA

View Full Version : Mom and Me Hemp Pouch fabric question...

daisymommy
10-12-2003, 11:55 PM
For those of you who have both a KKAFP and a M&MHP...is the hemp fabric more casual (not as "nice") as fleece? In the fall and winter I have alot of sweaters, that I wear with jeans and loafers, or khakis/Dockers. I just ordered a cream colored KKAFP beacsue I thought it would look great with this type of wardrobe. But I'm still looking at the M&M hamp pouches, and dreaming of how much Joshua would love a padded rail in the pouch for his legs. But, I'm worried that the sweatshirt type fabric is way too casual for sweaters and Dockers type clothes. Will it look like I'm wearing a sweatshirt with a nice outfit? Am I wrong? Also, I tend to be warm all the time, and wonder if I would happier with the hemp fleece. Although, I'm only getting it to wear in the fall/winter, so maybe it doesn't need to be alot lighter weight.

zen_bliss
10-13-2003, 02:25 AM
oh blast, this question is all my fault since i posted the original 'too casual' remark in a thread a few weeks ago, so i feel like i should clarify. i have both types of pouches, actually 2 of each in different colors, because i thought DH & I could wear the same size with extra snaps. (wrong!)

both fabrics have their cosmetic downsides: polarfleece looks all sparkly when new, then it does get pilly with washing. SOME of the hemp pouch dye colors (JMO) look "sweatshirt-y" which is just not my thing -- you can see pics on the site to compare & see what i mean. the dyes are fibre-reactive, & some are more true to the swatch than others, & the results aren't always what is expected, which is why it is a blessing that jen is so darn patient. IMO the undyed & light pastels look snuggly like a blanket, the robust saturated brights look all-purpose great, but the darker colors that don't 'pop' are the ones i was referring to as 'sweatshirt-y". hope that makes better sense!

doubleL
10-13-2003, 03:44 PM
Amy, I'm so glad you asked this question! I have been wondering the same thing.

Zen or anyone, have you seen the red wine color? How would you describe it? Is it like cranberry at all? I am considering this one, but very worried about ordering without seeing anything first.
Will probably go undyed or pastel based on your above description.

Lou
~DS 5.01
~DD 6.03

kensjen
10-13-2003, 06:57 PM
I just ordered the red wine color today. I wanted something in the red family, but not a bright red. Jen said this was probably what I am looking for, it is a darker, fall red. I'll post a photo when I get it if you like!!
-Jen

heidi_timms
10-13-2003, 07:05 PM
I originally ordered a lilac and then changed it for a periwinkle one. The periwinkle is absolutely gorgeous. I liked the lilac too, but the periwinkle is so beautiful!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

doubleL
10-13-2003, 10:13 PM
Would love to see any and all pics. I am actually trying to decide between the red wine and periwinkle.

Thanks tons!

Lou
~DS 5.01
~DD 6.03

McQ
10-15-2003, 01:33 PM
I just ordered one in orchid. Jen said it was close to lilac but I didn't see lilac onthe site. Has anyone seen the orchid color IRL?

Thanks!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03