PDA

View Full Version : finding a good hip carrier or sling for DS

cchavez
10-14-2003, 10:54 AM
I have a cotton pouch from Daisydoodles.com but it really has never worked out for me. My mil took out the "extra" seam when she was visiting b/c I thought it was too small. I was trying to use the cradle carry. Now I am trying to use the hip carry but I need to take it in again but I don't have a machine.

So my quest for a good hip carrier or sling to use in the hip carry position has begun. I have heard the hip hammock digs into your neck, so that is out. Also, haven't heard same thing about WRF.

I looked into the wilkinet and KKAFP and Mom and Me...but since I am such a sling/carrier novice I am overwhelmed.

I don't want to spend more than 50.00. What else? I dont' think a ring sling will work for me....jmo.

We live in Texas so I would like something I could use all year around. DS is 5.5 months and weighs close to 20 lbs. I would like to use the sling to carry him around the house and on quick errands when I don't want to use the stroller (or soon to be ordered cart cover).

I have looked at past posts and it seems like the hemp might work better in the TExas heat??? I know I would need front and back rails.

I would prefer a colored carrier since I am afraid natural will get really dirty but I realize if I get a dyed Mom and me pouch it is not returnable.

Oh, that is probably something else to be considered, can it be returned if it doesn't work out.

PLEASE HELP!!!

egoldber
10-14-2003, 11:31 AM
Have you thought about an adjustable cotton pouch? Personally, I find anything fleecy feeling to be icky to wear when it is hot and humid out and much prefer cotton. But I realize this is a personal preference thing.

You can get an adjustable cotton pouch from Kangaroo Korner for $44.
http://www.kangarookorner.com/k_shop_pouches_stock.shtml

Also Maya Wrap is developing an adjustable cotton pouch also. They have prototypes available in only two colors. You can check their website at www.mayawrap.com.

HTH,

elvisfan
10-14-2003, 12:53 PM
There is a product out there called the HipHugger...it might be of interest to you. You can google for it and I'm sure it will come up:)

cchavez
10-14-2003, 09:20 PM
Beth, thanks for the suggestion...I was just thinking hemp in terms of using it this Fall/Winter mostly...it seems cozier and on a previous post a fellow Texan thought it could be used all year long.

The hiphammock sounds like it would really work for me but I don't want to pay that much.

sbaker
10-14-2003, 09:33 PM
Christine,
Do you live in the North Texas area? I just ordered a Mom and Me hemp pouch. I should have it next week. I would be happy to let you see it when I get it. I have a cotton and a silk Zolo, as well.
Let me know what you think....

Just my two cents...
:) :+ :)
Sara
Mom to Rayce 02/09/02
Baby #2 due 01/05/04

cchavez
10-14-2003, 10:00 PM
Yes, I do. Email me and we can talk further....you are so nice to offer!