PDA

View Full Version : how do you carry your diaper bag when wearing a sling?

COElizabeth
10-15-2003, 11:17 AM
I just got my KKAFP yesterday! I am a little late to the sling game because I tried a NoJo when James was just a few months old and didn't really like it. Now I know better and am trying again, because it is just so hard to take James to the post office, etc. and pay for stuff while holding him, too.

I am sure I will have lots of questions about even this "simple" pouch, because I am hopelessly confused by the simplest directions if they require any visualization skills. But for now, my big question is this: What do you do with your diaper bag? I carried James in a hip carry for a few minutes yesterday, and it was going fairly well, but when I put my diaper bag (Healthy Back Baby Bag) on the shoulder with the sling, it kept sliding off.

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02

daisymommy
10-15-2003, 11:56 AM
If you are going in somewhere that requires a larger diaper bag (ex. you have James in the sling and are going into the mall for a few hours)--then a messenger style bag works best. My current favorite is one I got at Old Navy for only $9.99. It is cordura nylon (back pack type material), and black. It wasn't made to be a diaper bag, but it sure was designed so that it's perfect for one. Including mesh pockets on the sides that fit sippy cups perefctly. The Combi Urban sling would work great as well, but it was too small for me, as I am a major pack rat when it comes to my diaper bags!

If you are just running into the post office or grocery store to grab an item or two, then a small purse with the long strap that you can wear diagonally across your chest messenger style, works great. You can usually get these type of mini-purses at places like Target. They're big enough for your keys, wallet, & cell phone. That's really all you need if you aren't going to be in somewhere for long.

Good Luck!

toomanystrollers
10-15-2003, 01:43 PM
I usually use a backpack when necessary. I think my backpack balances me - little weight on the front & back. Also, one of the reasons I love my Zolo is that zippered pocket - comes in so handy. I just throw the keys, atm card in & I'm all set.

egoldber
10-15-2003, 01:51 PM
A backpack works for me, but not if it is heavily loaded. I prefer a messenger style bag with the sling.

It seems like a Healthy Back Bag could be worn messenger style.

HTH,

Calmegja
10-15-2003, 03:01 PM
>
>It seems like a Healthy Back Bag could be worn messenger
>style.
>

It can. I figured out this week, and I now officially love my Healthy Back bag.

It only took me 6 months to figure that out, but now I'm all set.....