PDA

View Full Version : baby carrier/sling/pouch help!!

polkadot14
10-16-2003, 02:03 PM
I really need your help!

When my son was born, I received a Baby Bjorn carrier and I purchased an OTSBH. My son was 8 lbs/21.5 inches at birth, and was chubby until he became a toddler. He HATED the Baby Bjorn - it just seemed to be the wrong proportions for him. I didn't like the OTSBH - I couldn't get the hang of it, and so I was never comfortable using it to carry my son around.

Now I'm expecting baby #2 in December, and I would really like to have a sling/pouch/carrier. I think it will be very handy to be able to wear the newborn while chasing my toddler!

I have seen a lot about the Kangaroo Korner pouches, and the fleece ones appeal to me because it seems like it would be cozy for a newborn in winter. However, I live in Missouri, where it does get extremely hot & humid during the summer. Would fleece be a bad choice? Is a KK even a good choice for me?

I would like to be able to wear the new baby as soon as possible, and would like to have a single sling/pouch/carrier that would take us into toddler-hood, if possible. If not, I would settle for one that was really comfortable for both of us during the early months.

I could really use some help in selecting the best carrier for my situation. I thought I did sufficient research for carriers the first time around, and I was so disappointed when neither of them worked! By the way, I am average height (5'7"), and my weight is ever-changing, of course, but maybe I'll be around 150 lbs after baby is born (?).

Thanks in advance!!

Kelly

stillplayswithbarbies
10-16-2003, 03:21 PM
If you truly only want one, then you want a ring sling. It is adjustable throughout all the various ways you will use it from newborn to toddler, and for your changing body.

I suggest two. A Fleece Pouch for newborn and until it gets hot out, and then a ring sling or a pouch sling after that, depending on what you think you will like better by then.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03