PDA

View Full Version : KKACP or ring sling....Input needed from experienced sling mamas

cchavez
10-16-2003, 05:08 PM
I am now thinking the adjustable cotton pouch might work for me. Since it gets so hot in Texas this may be the one. Although the fleece (KK) and hemp (MM) look so comfy, I like the fact that the KKACP has fleece where the snaps go.

But since DS is soooo chubby (20 lbs at 5.5 month) do I need rails????

I will primarily use this for errands and around the house.

Does anyone beside KK or Mom and Me make adjustable pouches?? I am not crazy about the KK fabrics.

I don't think I am a ring sling type of mama but the one Lori postedhttp://www.sleepingbaby.net/slings5.html looks intriguing. The price is great too. It reminds me of a Zolo but I don't want to pay Zolo prices but Zolos are made in Austin, Texas so they should work in the Texas heat for the most part.

Remember I am a sling idiot...so ease of use is very improtant!

I did try my pouch sling from daisy doodles today and even though it still needs to be taken in (I just have it pinned), it worked but I was not that comfy. It definately was not hands free!

Thanks.

egoldber
10-16-2003, 08:09 PM
If you're in Austin, there's a store where you can actually try one!

http://www.zolowear.com/shop_stores.asp

And if the pouch wasn't hands free, then you probably still need to
adjust how you're wearing it.

HTH,

zen_bliss
10-16-2003, 08:38 PM
there is a learning curve with a ringsling but it is much more versatile. the solarveil mesh is about as cool as it gets, easy to adjust & dries quickly. for a pouch, i can't recommend the KKACP as a primary sling. it is just not that comfortable on the shoulder after longer periods and it digs more into babe's legs. i do love mine & use it a lot for quick in & out errand running, but i could not wear it around the house all day the way i do a ringsling or the hemp & fleece adjustable pouches.

cchavez
10-16-2003, 09:47 PM
Unfortunately, I am not in Austin.

As for the ring sling, the one that Lori posted about is unpadded. Do I need a padded one for DS chubby legs?