PDA

View Full Version : Anyone has an Infantino sling?

diekatze
10-19-2003, 11:33 PM
I just started to use Infantino sling today and have some questions...

First, my DS is 8 weeks old, 10 lb, 21.5 in. He looks rather uncomfortable in it even though fell asleep in 5 minutes and won't woke up no matter how noise it is. He used to wake up at any noise when I placed him in the crib during the daytime.

He seemed all squashed in ther and also seems hot in there with short sleeves cloth.

So, til when can I use these slings? Any cautions??

Any good or bad experience with this brand or recommend any other good brand for CA?

Any reply will be appreciated.

Brian Han Aug 2003

egoldber
10-20-2003, 01:38 PM
Is this the one you have?

http://www.infantino.com/Carriers/SlingRider.html

If so, you can probably find one that is more comfy for you. Check out this thread:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=62&topic_id=1024&mesg_id=1024&page=

HTH,

stillplayswithbarbies
10-20-2003, 03:12 PM
You have the Sling Rider? It looks very uncomfortable for him and for you. It looks like it hold him away from your body and I can't see how you could get him adjusted close to you.

The best sling for a newborn, in my opinion, is the Kangaroo Korner Adjustable Fleece Pouch. It snuggles the baby right up next to you, which is good for him, and good for you because the closer to your body he is, the easier it is on your back.

People use slings until the babies are three years old, maybe even older.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

deborah_r
10-20-2003, 10:16 PM
I live not too far from you (Pasadena) and I have the Kangaroo Korner Solarveil ring sling, which is great when it's very hot because the fabric is so thin and protects baby from UV rays.

I'm also considering a Mom & Me hemp pouch, it is heavier, but the hemp seems to breathe pretty well. The KK Adjustable Fleece Puch gets great reviews, but may be too hot for the summer months in Southern California.

diekatze
10-22-2003, 06:28 PM
Thank you for your tips. I just ordered Kangaroo Korner sling in light weight fablic from it's website. I will keep you posted after try it on.

diekatze
10-28-2003, 11:36 AM
Hello, I just got my KK Solarveil Slings yesterday and it seems perfect for hot CA weather.

Only thing I tried to put my DS into it(cradle hold), he was crying...

Maybe I am not used to it so he feels uncomfortable but is there any tip to it???

I tried to walk around as soon as I put him in there but still didn't work...

stillplayswithbarbies
10-28-2003, 02:31 PM
Keep practicing. Try it when he is awake and well fed and happy. Try it when he is asleep. At first, my baby would only like the sling if she was already asleep when I put her in. Other babies only like it when they are awake.

Study the instructions and practice in front of a mirror to be sure you are doing it right. That is what helped me to figure it out.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

deborah_r
10-28-2003, 05:11 PM
Yes, it's definitely practice, practice, practice! I still have days where I just can't get my ring sling to work for me.

If anyone lives near you from these boards that knows how to use one, maybe you could meet up with them? A demonstration from someone is infinitely helpful. We are planning a So. Cal get-together on 11/3, but it might be postponed because of all this fire chaos.

You can also go to the Maya Wrap website to see a video demo.
http://www.mayawrap.com/video/videomw.shtml