PDA

View Full Version : I have been using my pouch sling :) But I still need something better

cchavez
10-20-2003, 09:52 AM
My neighbor adjusted my pouch sling and it works. I wore DS around the house and a few other places. We actually went to Tuesday morning on Friday afternoon and he did not cry...which is what he usually does at every store except Target!!

Well, the longest I have worn him is about 40 minutes and my back did hurt a little after. Plus the fabric does dig into his chubby legs.

I still think I need something better. My pouch is a light denim pouch from daisydoodles.com

I was reading past reviews on the Zolo. Is this what I need??? I need something light weight (Texas heat) to help me carry my heavy (19 lbs at 5.5 mos) son mostly in the hip carry. I would get a cotton sling. I'm not into silk.

I have never used a ring sling. Will DS be too heavy? What about a ring sling from Reverand jan???

I like the idea of the adjustable pouch but the KKFP or mom and me hemp pouch might be too hot to wear all year long. I have heard the KKCP is not as comfortable and I don't like the fabrics. Is the KKCP more comfortable than the Zolo.

Or maybe a mom and me hemp pouch for Fall/Winter and solarvel sling from Rev. Jan for Summer/Spring?

Oh, the pouches from www.tentoes.com look so comfy too! And their fabric might be lighter????
The hiphugger and WRF are still contenders........

I just need something for quick errands and around the house.

Sorry to keep posting on this subject but now I am considering ring slings!!! But one of the reasons I was holding be back before was "the look" of a ring sling but the Zolos are so nice!!

Oh, price isn't as much of any issue anymore b/c it can be an "early" Christmas gift. But I still don't want to spend tons but if the cost is worth it, then I would rather spend more and get something I will really use.

egoldber
10-20-2003, 01:07 PM
Since you're in Austin, I would find that store that sell Zolos and try one out! See what you think!

cchavez
10-20-2003, 01:23 PM
Unfortunatly, I am not in Austin. I live in Dallas. I believe there is a distibutor in my area but I haven't heard back from her yet. Thanks.

egoldber
10-20-2003, 01:30 PM
Oh sorry! I don't know why I thought you were in Austin!

Maybe try to find a local La Leche League group? There are usually lots of moms with slings there.

HTH,

daisymommy
10-22-2003, 01:12 PM
I hate to tell you this, but if the Daisydoodles pouch sling cut into his chubby legs, then the KKACP will too :( I found it very uncomfortable as well. The shoulder area drove me nuts (it's like a folded over bunch of fabric), and the edges dug into Josh's legs.

I really don't know what to tell you, as I searched high and low for a lightweight sling this past summer. The best I came up with was a Maya Wrap ring sling which I adore, and it's so soft and breathable. But, it may not be your style. Maya Wrap also has pouch slings.

Rev.Jan's pattern is one of the very best for shoulder comfort (better than a Zolo in my opinion). You could have Jan use lightweight twill fabric (like a Zolo). But then there is still the problem of the rails digging into DS's legs. The edges of a Zolo are softer on baby's legs because they are serged, not hemmed. Maybe someone could serge the edges for you? A seamstress shop? before sending the fabric to Jan?

I'll continue to think of options for you!

Jan Andrea
10-23-2003, 01:50 PM
Jan also has a serger, and would be happy to serge the edges instead of finishing with a hem :) In fact, I could even knock something off the price, because serging is a lot faster to do than hemming.

Jan Andrea
10-23-2003, 02:46 PM
By the way, Christine -- I tried to reply to your form submission, but the mail bounced. I'll try with your profile address here.