PDA

View Full Version : Dying fleece-- or, wanna buy my KKAFP?

Rubisca
10-21-2003, 08:36 AM
I purchased a barely-used KKAFP from someone on the yahoo babywearing swap board. It arrived yesterday and we were dismayed to discover that the color looked nothing like the color on the Kangaroo Korner website. The seller said it was the "glacier ice" color, which appears to be a pale grayish blue on the KK site (as viewed on at least three different computer monitors). But in real life this pouch is more of a light turquoise-- like the Tiffany jewelery store's trademark color. I could probably live with it but my husband hates it and said he wouldn't want to wear it. So, I'm wondering:
1) Would it be possible for us to dye the pouch? I guess I'd just aim for a dark color, either dark green or navy, or just black. (The snaps and trim are black.) I have no idea how or whether you can dye fleece.
2) Is anyone interested in buying this barely used (worn just a few times by the previous seller, never worn by me) pouch? It's in perfect shape, just not the color we would've chosen. I bought it for $40 including shipping and would sell for the same price.

My baby is now four days overdue and I had so hoped to start wearing him or her upon arrival... so I'm really disappointed and want to come up with a pouch solution as soon as possible! Thanks!

Robin
EDD 10/17/03 (!)

new_mommy25
10-22-2003, 12:39 PM
What size is it and what shouldar is it snapped for?