PDA

View Full Version : didymos!

stillplayswithbarbies
10-22-2003, 10:08 PM
I finally got my Didymos that I won on German eBay, and it is gorgeous! Does anyone know how to wash it? I don't want it to shrink or fade, what are they made of? (the instruction book is all in German)

We tried a few things with it tonight. Logan is not mature enough for the back carry. She spent the whole time pulling my hair. :) But we did all right in the front cross carry, I just need some practice to get it tight enough around her shoulders. She was content to sit in it for awhile. This is more comfortable than even the Zolo, because it goes over both shoulders.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

egoldber
10-22-2003, 11:01 PM
Karen! Stop it!!!!!!

I'm not listening I'm not listening I'm not listening I'm not listening I'm not listening I'm not listening I'm not listening I'm not listening I'm not listening I'm not listening I'm not listening I'm not listening ......

Oh, and maybe Paula can translate for you?

lizamann
10-23-2003, 12:58 AM
most are cotton, but some are other blends. I think the brightly colored ones are all cotton.

excerpt from my instructions:

"all cotton didymos slings can be washed on normal regular cycle (warm). To ensure the special attributes will last make sure to avoid high temperatures, spin on gentle, use mild detergent sparingly, use water softener if your water is hard. Any detergent residue or mineral accumulations influence the fabric negatively and might shorten the life and stretchability."

So I washed mine in warm and threw it in the dryer, and it shrank several inches. I wish I had line dried it instead because it is just barely long enough now. I now have these stubby little tails instead of something longer and a little more elegant.

stillplayswithbarbies
10-23-2003, 01:38 PM
Okay, you don't have to listen, just LOOK:

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b3515f2cc411

:)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

stillplayswithbarbies
10-23-2003, 01:42 PM
thank you. Mine is the yellow indio, so I guess it is cotton? I won't put it in the dryer since it is barely long enough for me. (I really needed a size bigger but got tired of waiting for one to come up on eBay in my size)

I hope it doesn't come out all wrinkled. I would hate to iron this big thing! Maybe I won't wash it. It was sold to me as used, but it doesn't look like it has ever been tied in a knot or used at all.

The fabric is so soft! and such a pretty color. And I love the pattern woven into it. I can see why the fabric-ophiles love these.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

lizamann
10-23-2003, 01:59 PM
I love the indio pattern, too. Mine is the natural with light brown contrast, making a nice cream color. Love your color! I wouldn't worry about wrinkles - mine didn't at all when washed. It does get a litle wrinkled where you tie the knots, but it doesn't look bad and helps it get softer, I think. I tried an acquaintances 6-year-old girasol as my first wrap around and it was SO SOFT. Mine will never be that nice, boo hoo. These would be great to buy used, I think.

I hope you enjoy yours!

http://www.didymos.de/english/index_e.htm

There's probably lots more info at this site.

egoldber
10-23-2003, 02:07 PM
Oh that is so cool!! Maybe some day...

chrissyhowie
10-23-2003, 11:14 PM
Karen,

That sling looks so elegant! GREAT color! Is it difficult to master the different wraps and ties?

stillplayswithbarbies
10-24-2003, 11:59 AM
I don't know yet, I've only tried two of them. :) Definitely need someone to help you hold the baby in place at first.

I'm glad the sling is elegant, since I had just got home from working out and there I am in my oh-so-not-elegant tweety bird t-shirt! :)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

mommyj
10-24-2003, 07:50 PM
Your didymos is so nice! I'm still hoping to get one from the German ebay, and am glad to hear your purchase went smoothly. I figure I'm going to need a carrier that goes over both shoulder soon since DS is already 16 lbs at 3 months old. Now I just have to decide which fabric I want. They're all so gorgeous it's hard to decide!
Thanks for posting a picture.