PDA

View Full Version : Review of Chic Slings?

heidi_timms
10-25-2003, 03:04 AM
I remember some of you bought a Chic Sling from www.chicslings.com on an introductory special off of ebay a while back. They were asian brocade with chenille. Do you like them? Can anyone post a review?

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

parkersmama
10-25-2003, 09:06 PM
I got one and really do love it. I have one slight problem in that's it's a little big. I had a feeling it would be but thought it would be better too big than too small! I've been flipping the shoulder to tighten it up and that works really well but I'm going to eventually drag out my sewing machine and put a seam in the shoulder to make it smaller. I did speak to Summer about it and she was very, very helpful. She offered to fix it but we decided that it might be better for me to try the seam first.

I got a black dragon fabric with the natural hemp fleece inside. The fabric is gorgeous and soft. It's very fasionable, easy to wear, and not too hot. I get lots of oohs and aahs whenever I wear it out somewhere. Amy Grace seems very comfy in it and quite content. I love the hemp fleece inside because it is so soft and cozy. Also, the silky outer fabric is great because it makes it so easy to slip her from a front carry around the the hip. My fleece pouch can't do that in a million years! I pretty much have to take off the fleece one to move it a few inches because it catches on my clothes.

All in all, I'm very happy with the chic sling! Do be careful to give very accurate measurements. I thought that I was being as accurate as possible but I think that it's hard to get a non-adjustable pouch just right since everyone has a different concept of how tight they like them, etc. I also have a hotsling that's too big so apparently I have a measurement problem! LOL!

farsk
11-09-2003, 06:37 PM
Hello!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I was not impressed with my experience with Chic Slings.

I called Summer on Auguse 26th and spoke to her for a very long time...she's such a nice person. That day I placed my order and paid via PayPal, knowing that it would be three weeks before I got my sling.

For the longest time (over three weeks) I didn't hear from her, and then got an e-mail about fabric. I picked out a new fabric, and waited and waited and waited.

Finally, last night, I e-mailed her and asked for her to refund my money, which she did VERY promptly.

I do not mean to be negative about such a wonderful person like summer, but I was depending on the sling to help me while we moved into a new home, etc. Now that we are already settled (six weeks after the move), I was disappointed that I wasn't kept informed of status, inability to fill my order, etc.

-Shannon
Mom to Ellen 7/23/2003