PDA

View Full Version : baby Bjorn active carrier

crl
10-25-2003, 06:02 PM
Hi,

Has anyone used the new baby Bjorn active carrier? Supposely it has more lumbar support and is more adjustable than the standard. Unfortunately is is also more expensive and doesn't seem to come in nearly as many color combinations. Is it worth the money? Any tips on finding a good deal on it?

Thanks from a total newbie to the board and baby carriers,

Marisa6826
10-26-2003, 08:36 PM
I bought it last week and after diligent searching, I came to the conclusion that it's just too new to get a deal on the price. I got over the fact that it doesn't come in all kinds of colours - especially since I have a bad back and my attempt at the sling thing was pathetic at best.

I ended up paying full price for it since I could really tell the difference in the support when I tried it on in the store.

Granted, I haven't used it for long periods just yet, I will be tomorrow.

So I will let you know how it works out.

For the short period of time that I HAVE had it on, it really does feel better (just so you know, Sophie's about 17 lbs and 10-1/2 months old).

-m

crl
10-27-2003, 08:14 AM
Thank you so much for the feedback! I'm looking forward to your update after longer period of use.

jd11365
10-28-2003, 07:42 PM
I wore Kayla in it for an hour around the store...per the salesman's suggestion. If you like the Bjorn style carrier you will love this...much more support. My back still hurt after I wore this one so I didn't get it, but my back hurts with all of the front carrier type models. I decided to just hold off...I've ordered some swatches from Zolo and will be getting one instead. The active Bjorn does offer more support than the regular, but even still the $119 price tag was a bit steep... Saw it a Buy Buy Baby in Paramus, NJ 2 weeks ago.

HTH!

Jamie :-)
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

crl
10-28-2003, 08:35 PM
Thank you! I really appreciate the firsthand experience.

Marisa6826
10-30-2003, 05:50 PM
Well, I've been wearing Sophie in her new Bjorn while house hunting. Got to say that it's much more supportive than the original.

I like that you can adjust the lumbar support to where you need it most. However, with the additional side straps to tighten it, it does feel a little constricive. I am very shortwaisted and not very tall, so maybe it's just that way on me.

I am willing to deal with that since it does fatigue my back less.

I think that it's definitely worth the money. If nothing else, I bet you could easily eBay it if you didn't like it.

-m

crl
10-30-2003, 09:03 PM
Thanks so much for your review! It really helps to hear from people who have used it.