PDA

View Full Version : Received my KKAFP today!

kensjen
10-27-2003, 07:10 PM
It is wonderful!! I got the heathered dusky blue...it is gorgeous! I am so happy that I ordered this color, and can't wait to play around with it tomorrow. It's here just in time for the chilly weather. Those of you who ordered this color will not be disappointed.
Just wanted to share my happiness!! :)

megulis
10-27-2003, 08:28 PM
Hey, I like to see pics of everything. Have any??

new_mommy25
10-28-2003, 09:36 PM
I got mine today too! I ordered the same color and I love it. I've been fooling around with it a bit and my baby seemed to enjoy it. The tough part is getting him in and out since it's so tight. But I have it snapped on the tightest setting so I can always adjust. I'm not sure where the seam is supposed to go either but I don't think I have it in the correct place yet. Here is a picture I snapped off really fast. It's not a great one, but at least you all can see what a pretty color the sling is.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/1070.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/1071.jpg

megulis
10-28-2003, 10:11 PM
Your baby looks so comfy, and the color is gorgeous.

parkersmama
10-28-2003, 11:05 PM
Too cute! The color is beautiful!

The baby's bottom goes right on the seam. So for a cradle, kangaroo, or tummy-to-tummy, the seam is on your front. For a hip carry, the seam is lined up with your hipbone basically. HTH!

megulis
10-29-2003, 12:56 AM
i didn't know that!!! Thanks for that info!

heidi_timms
10-29-2003, 01:22 AM
Cute pic!!!

I have been thinking of ordering that color. Is it a dark blue or light blue. I'm having a hard time telling-maybe it's my monitor?

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

new_mommy25
10-29-2003, 01:50 AM
Denise, thanks for the info on the seam. Thats how I had it before, it just seemed odd to me that the seam was in the front.

I love this pouch already. I tried to put Noah to sleep for over an hour tonight but he was being really fussy. Finally I gave up and popped him in the pouch. He fell aslepp literally within about a minute. I'm wearing him right now. I'm just a little worried about trying to get him off without him waking up, lol.

The color is a dark blue and it has a black trim. The inside of the ouch is a lighter more purpleish blue. It's really pretty. The picture on the site is very true to how it looks IRL and I'm very pleased.

lmintzer
10-29-2003, 02:01 PM
Angie,
Cute picture! I ordered the same pouch--it should be on the way soon. Was curious as to what size you bought--I went with the medium and am hoping it won't be too big.

Lisa

new_mommy25
10-29-2003, 02:15 PM
I bought a medium and it fits fine. I had it snapped on the tightest setting at first. Then I changed it to the second to tightest and it was a little easier to get Noah in and out.

doubleL
10-30-2003, 10:56 AM
Jen,

So glad you are happy with your purchase!! Weren't you also considering a Mom-And-Me pouch... did you decide against it or did you order both?

Enjoy your new sling!

Lou
~DS 5.01
~DD 6.03

kensjen
10-30-2003, 02:54 PM
I am so bad! But I love them both, and they are different. (see my post about the mom and me....)
I will have to post some photos...

votre_ami03
11-04-2003, 05:41 PM
Jen, How is it working for you? I was thinking about getting one too, now that ds is out of his carrier seat.

Christy & baby Nolan 7/22/03

kensjen
11-04-2003, 07:20 PM
The KKAFP is nice, but it is warm for baby. (Our babies were born the same day!!) When he is bigger, it will be good, and when it gets cold. Not sure if you saw my post about the Mom and Me pouch, but it is awesome!! Don't really want to compare the 2, they are different and I like them both for different reasons. I think you would really love the mom and me. I posted a photo on my thread about it, and Jen also just put it on her website. It is great for what you were needing, now that your ds is out of the carrier seat. (he is a big guy!! I'm glad Jonah still fits in his!) I used it the other day to run into Target, and he fell asleep in it. I really think you will love it. If you lived around here, I'd let you try it out, but maybe someone else does...? Anyway, you can't go wrong with either pouch, they are both well made and are easy to use. HTH, let me know if you have any other ??

votre_ami03
11-05-2003, 09:17 AM
Jen, Thank you so much! You are a sweetheart. I will take a look at the Mom & Me.

Nolan is huge & very tall. I think it's so neat that our guy's share a b-day! Is Jonah sleeping through the night yet? Nolan is still up twice!!!

votre_ami03
11-05-2003, 10:31 AM
PS.Jen, The pic of the two of you is adorable. Jonah is a doll!

calebsmama03
11-06-2003, 05:44 PM
Jen,
You said you like both the KKAFP and MMC for different reasons, but I'm wondering whether you could elaborate on this - ie: what are the pro's and cons of each? I'm a ring sling wearer but looking into pouches now that DS is getting older and I can't decide. What's your experience with these 2 pouches?
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03