PDA

View Full Version : Just received my Mom and me pouch...OMG!! :)

kensjen
10-30-2003, 02:57 PM
It is just gorgeous, that is all I can think to say. It turned out even better than I imagined. Jen was soo patient with my questions, concerns, etc about colors....but I'm glad I went with the red wine, it is beautiful! And I did the painted desert threads....wow! It is amazing! Take a look, it's on her dye page, the red wine....

http://www.mom-and-me-creations.com/Dye-Info.html

I will have to put Jonah in it now, and hopefully get a photo for you soon!

heidi_timms
10-30-2003, 03:15 PM
OOOOH! The wine is really pretty! I can't wait to see pics!
~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

parkersmama
10-30-2003, 09:39 PM
That's the one I've been thinking about! Please post pictures ASAP! :)

megulis
10-31-2003, 01:52 AM
For all you MnM pouch owners, does the fabric stretch? I am not sure if I need to exchange it for one snap setting bigger. The smallest setting is extra tight. I wanted the biggest setting to work on my husband, but it seems to be tight on him too.

new_mommy25
10-31-2003, 02:10 AM
I think that is a beautiful colored pouch...

I just wanted to say that I love your sons name. That was very high on our list, and even possible for DS #2? (Which won't be for a looong time, lol)

Momof3Labs
10-31-2003, 03:21 PM
Yes, there is a fair amount of give to the fabric. When I put on my sling, I put it on so it is pretty snug, but it still stretches enough to fit Colin in the hip carry position.

ameelo
11-02-2003, 01:19 PM
I love it, love it, love it. I got it in Avocado green with blue stitching http://www.mom-and-me-creations.com/peainpod.html (like the one Dawn and Zazi at Disneyland, midway down the page.)

It is simply fabulous. I've gone through several pouch slings and just haven't found one that I really liked...kwim? Most of them felt like I was wearing a shawl and it was so difficult to get the perfect fit. I almost bought the KKAFP but held off cuz of the "hot" factor as I live in Nevada. Boy am I just so happy with the PeaPod.

I ordered basically two sizes instead of an in-between size. I got a large and added two rows of snaps to make it smaller for a final sizing of 38-48. I am currently wearing it in a Medium setting but my DH is wearing it in a Large setting. And I figured that I would be able to wear it while PG and after birth too! Its the very first sling that I was basically HAPPY with!!! As fellow baby gear critics/fanatics...you know how rarely you're HAPPY with a product.

kensjen
11-02-2003, 04:30 PM
OK, it isn't the best photo, but you get the idea. The picture just doesn't do it justice, it is SOOOOO pretty IRL. You can't really see the threads, they are gorgeous. I'll have DH take a better one sometime, but thought I would share this! I haven't even had the sling a week yet, and I love it!!!!

megulis
11-02-2003, 06:46 PM
You guys look so adorable together!!! Gorgeous pouch!

heidi_timms
11-02-2003, 08:42 PM
You both are too cute!! I have the periwinkle with the matching thread and now I'm wanting another pouch! Those colors look great together.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

mommyj
11-03-2003, 02:34 AM
That picture is so cute! I love the color you chose.

lizamann
11-03-2003, 02:53 AM
Ooooh, pretty!!

You are making me really want one. Which contrast thread is it?

Nice back yard! I want one of those, too!

deborah_r
11-03-2003, 02:49 PM
For those with the Mom & Me hemp pouch, how do you decide where you want the snaps. I read her explanation but still am not sure. I would wear it on my left shoulder.

kensjen
11-03-2003, 03:11 PM
Then have it snapped for the left shoulder. You have the snaps on the side the pouch is on, so it is opposite the side you have the baby. (When they are older, they could unsnap you, if you had your snaps on the other side) Make sense??
HTH

deborah_r
11-03-2003, 04:15 PM
I think I get it. I thought she mentioned something about having the snaps on the back or on the shoulder or in between, and I didn't know which was more comfortable.

Also when she gives the example that if you have the snaps on one shoulder (right I think) you can unsnap it yourself and if on the other shoulder you will need help, is the assumption in that example that you are right-handed? I couldn't figure out why you would be able to unsnap it yourself one way, but not the other way.

Edited to say: By the way, Jen, you and your baby look great in your new sling!!!

kensjen
11-03-2003, 04:36 PM
I usually have my snaps in the middle of my back, it's very comfortable that way, and seems to fit best. I guess by her explanation, yes you would have to be right handed. I don't unsnap mine very often, so I didn't even think about that. I'm right handed and I like that my right arm and hand are mostly "free". Even though that is the side the baby is on, I still have complete use of the arm if I am out shopping and need to sign my name, etc....Jen also has a slimmer shoulder design, which is nice.
Anyway, HTH!
(Thanks for the compliment! )

parkersmama
11-03-2003, 05:00 PM
Deborah,
I think you get it snapped for the shoulder opposite where you'll be carrying the baby. So, if you will eventually carry him on your left hip, get the pouch snapped for the right shoulder. If you'll carry him on your right hip, get the pouch snapped for the left shoulder. Most right-handed people carry on their left hip (so their right hand is free). For a lot of people, the side you'd carry the baby on is also the side you'd normally carry a purse or diaper bag.

As far as unsnapping, I think Jen just means that the snaps are easier to undo when you you're wearing it on the shoulder it was snapped for because they are where you can pull on them from your shoulder and unsnap them. You can wear the pouch on either shoulder but it will be harder to unsnap if you're wearing it on the shoulder opposite the one it was snapped for. That being said, I don't unsnap my pouch (I have a KKAFP and a KKACP) very often. If AG falls asleep in the pouch and I want to put her down, I just support her body weight with my hand/arm and lift the pouch off over my head.

HTH!