PDA

View Full Version : best unpadded ring sling?

sadie427
11-02-2003, 01:47 PM
Ok, I think I'm becoming a carrier addict like some of you. I posted earlier about my 3 mo old in the OTSBH--I tried all the suggestions, but I think that not the carrier for us right now, maybe when he's a little bigger. I can't adjust it any tighter because of the padding, I filled up the extra space with folded blankets but that's a pain! I've ordered a KKAFP but I'd like something for my overheated apartment, trips to CA, etc. Maya wrap, or Taylor Made Treasures, or something else? Looking for something lightweight that folds samall, don't think I can justify $75 for a zolo.

I just looked on the Taylor made site--anyone have a mesh water sling? Is it a good all-purpose sling or really only handy for the beach and shower? Has anyone actually showered with their baby, did the baby like it?

JerseyMom
11-02-2003, 04:35 PM
I shower with my baby, and while it is a quick way to get him clean, it is a quick way to drop him on his head. Those little squirmy people are slippery when wet. And despite the fact that I use every inch of my being trying to hang on to my little fella, he does seem to enjoy the shower. We don't have the sling, but I hear it is great for the pool when you have other kids to attend to.

I love my Maya Wrap. The woven cotten breathes and stretches and is just a wonderful material for a sling. Evertime I have worn my Maya, I get compliments. I have also convinced quite a few friends to buy them and they love theirs now just as much.

I have a silk zolo and it is much harder to manipulate and I also think the rings are much heavier, which hurts me over long wearing times. I still love the silk look though. Very beautiful sling.

I have a few friend that prefer their Taylor Made Treasures because of the different fabric choices. It is all very individual.

Good luck finding what works best for you.

megulis
11-02-2003, 07:11 PM
I ordered my pouches from Rev. Jan's website http://www.sleepingbaby.net/slings.html , and you can ask her to add a pocket and have the edges serged instead like the Zolo I haven't gotten used to the slings, so I cannot give you a review of them except it does feel comfortable on my shoulder. It is also very well made.

She also has a red solarveil fabric if you wanted that. She is also awesome to deal with!