PDA

View Full Version : One Step Ahead Hip Riding Carrier?

kfcboston
11-04-2003, 12:47 PM
Not much in the archives on this carrier. Anyone out there have any wisdom or experience to share on it? I saw a friend using it once and it looked comfortable and easy to me.

TIA!

(Edited to fix title)

LisaMom2Allie
11-04-2003, 03:17 PM
I have this and do not use it very much mainly because I love my Buggy Bagg and use it all of the time. I suppose it is okay, it is fairly comfortable-I do not like the way it seems to pull on your neck. Allie seemed comfortable the few times that I have used it.

This is just my opinion but I find slings cumbersome-again JMO and this is not bulky at all and folds into its own little pouch that you can put keys or whatever in while in use.

I am lefthanded so I wore DD on the right and the buckles are not suited for a left handed person but it did give me a free hand when needed. This was a gift and I thought about returning it but didn't bother I would not buy it for myself.

Hope this helps.

Lisa
Mom to Allie Nicole
3-10-03

Momof3Labs
11-04-2003, 03:24 PM
The pulling on the neck is a common theme for hip carriers, and it sounds like this one is no exception. I personally won't spend any more money trying them - I will only buy a sling or a pouch for the hip carry position.

ETA: I've tried the Hip Hammock and the WRF hip carrier.

dinamom
11-06-2003, 04:17 PM
I have one and don't use it anymore. It simply hangs too low for me to wear it comfortably. I much prefer a sling or a pouch because my toddler is up higher and I can wear him longer.