PDA

View Full Version : What do you do in the rain?

miki
11-07-2003, 12:23 PM
I've been carrying my baby either in her Baby Bjorn or AFP to walk our dogs. But our rainy season has now started. Does anyone wear their baby when it's raining and use something besides an umbrella?

megulis
11-08-2003, 08:39 AM
Rain coat perhaps? I wear my pouch and wear a coat over it for the cold weather, and I was thinking that you could wear a rain coat. I'd zipper it to under his chin but still have his head inside your coat and make sure he could breath in there.

sadie427
11-08-2003, 12:27 PM
Just an umbrella has worked great for me with a Bjorn. YOu just angle it a little forward. I suppose the baby's legs could get a little wet if it's really rainy and blowing around, but in that case you would try to get inside as soon as possible anyway.

C99
11-09-2003, 10:46 PM
When I used the Bjorn, I wore a pullover, hooded, waterproof jacket (flannel on the inside, PUL outside), and a baseball cap under the hood. Nate stayed warm and dry under the jacket (and it tented enough that he could breathe easily) and I stayed mostly dry with the cap's brim shielding most of the rain.