PDA

View Full Version : Are fleece slings really that hot?

cdlamis
11-10-2003, 12:01 AM
Ok- I keep reading how not to get a fleece sling if you live in a warmer climate. I live in Arizona where you just don't go outsde for 3 months of the year and you live in AC all day long and the rest of the year is perfect with low humidity.

I have never owned an actual sling but don't plan on using it for extensive periods during the day. Would a pouch fleece sling be ok for me? It seems as if most people would prefer the fleece sling if it werent so hot. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance!
Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b32dc745c42b

toomanystrollers
11-10-2003, 03:27 AM
You could probably use your fleece pouch inside (ac) no problem but I can't imagine anywhere else. I'm in New England and there's no way I could use my fleece pouch this summer. It's perfect now that the crisp cool air has moved in and very comfortable to wear.

HTH

daisymommy
11-10-2003, 11:25 AM
Oh please don't kill yourself with a fleece sling in Arizona! :) I live in Virginia, where it dosn't get nearly as hot as Arizona, and I can only wear my KK fleece pouch in the fall and winter. I can't even wear it inside in the Spring and Summer, or I am dripping sweat and DS is all red and cranky inside. It may be better with a hemp fleece pouch (Mom and Me brand), but I still think it might be too hot. Not sure. A Maya Wrap sling or pouch would be very breathbale in hot weather though.

cdlamis
11-10-2003, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the advice. I guess I am not getting a fleece pouch! I probably am getting a cotton pouch Hotsling.

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b32dc745c42b

stillplayswithbarbies
11-10-2003, 01:13 PM
I just tried my fleece pouch inside yesterday and we were both sweaty. And I'm in New England. I can only use it outside in cool weather. I only got to use it a little while last Spring and then it got too hot. But I love it, other than the sweating thing.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

mommyj
11-10-2003, 04:23 PM
I'm glad to hear you decided not to go with the fleece pouch. I grew up in AZ, and ac or no ac, you would roast in a fleece poach most of the year.

votre_ami03
11-11-2003, 09:09 AM
Daniella, I am in Phoenix. I went w/the M&M fleece pouch for the "winter" (ha ha!). I haven't used it yet though. My thought was, buy fleece now & if I enjoy baby wearing, I would but a cotton one in summer. There is a testimonial from another AZ mom on Jen's site.

PS. I will let you know how it goes. ;)

Christy & baby Nolan 7/22/03

cchavez
11-11-2003, 10:47 AM
I live in Texas and decided to go w/ an adjustable cotton pouch. Please see my review below. I also don't plan on using it tons but do like to wear DS a few hours a day and on quick errands. I am very glad I did not get a fleece pouch.