PDA

View Full Version : Recently received my Mom n Me pouch but not sure if I got the right size......

SarahD
11-10-2003, 10:56 AM
I received my pouch almost 2 weeks ago. I got a size M with an extra row of snaps. I have a newborn son who is just 2 1/2 weeks old. About a week ago (after my milk was in and the engorgement settled down) I finally tried it out with my son. I've used it several times. The only thing I'm worried about is that I have to wear it on the smallest setting (which is using the extra row of snaps). I wear him tummy to tummy and his bottom and feet are a few inches below my belly button. Does this sound right? Should he be that low? Tonight when my dh comes home, I can have him take a pic of me and my ds in the pouch if that will help.

Also I'm wondering if as he gets older and bigger will I need to wear it on a larger snap setting or smaller or the same. I'm worried because I already have it on the smallest setting and there is no more rows of snaps to adjust it to be snugger/tighter.

If it helps, my bust size (measuring according to how Jen says to measure on her website) is 39 with clothes on. I weigh approximately 140 right now and am 5'6". I expect to lose a little more weight and my rib cage will probably shrink back down a little more also since I just gave birth 2 weeks ago. Pre-pregnancy, I was between 130-135 and wore a 36C bra.

Any input? Should I exchange my M pouch that has an extra row of snaps for a size S? Or will I just need to wear the pouch on a larger setting anyways as my ds gets bigger?

Thanks for any help!

Sarah
DS Cole 10/24/03
DD Faith 12/15/01

Momof3Labs
11-10-2003, 11:04 AM
Sarah,

Talk to Jen - she can help you figure out if the pouch fits you right. From your measurements, the medium sounds right, but it also sounds like your baby is sitting too low. Even better, send Jen the picture of you wearing the sling and she can give you advice (or post the pic here and we'll try to help). Jen's customer service is second to none, and she'll be able to talk you through this!

liya
11-10-2003, 11:33 AM
I think you should go with a small..I am a medium in her pouch and im wearing it in the second to tightest setting(i also got the extra snaps)....Your pouch will strech out as your baby grows so i think you should go smaller..but the good thing is that jen will help you out no problem...Excellent CS...!!

heidi_timms
11-11-2003, 12:43 AM
I am your exact measurements (even bust-size) and I have a small. It fits me perfectly. Your pouch will probably stretch a little bit more as you use it. I'm sure you got the wrong size, but I would check with Jen! She is really helpful!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

zen_bliss
11-12-2003, 03:32 AM
i too had to size down! it was not an issue -- just email jen. i had my old one cut down, and got a new style in a smaller size. you want the babe higher, esp as he starts gaining weight, to reduce the strain your back.

brittone2
11-12-2003, 07:26 AM
I'm sure Jen will work with you to make sure you are happy. I just ordered mine last night. I'm 5'2" and prepregnancy about 118 lbs (I'm 25 weeks pregnant). I wasn't sure what size to go with! She recommended doing a custom size xsmall/small-she had a woman recently w/ my measurements and a custom xsmall/small fit her great. I went ahead and added the extra row of snaps just in case...I figured it will give me even more flexibility. Let us know what happens. I don't know much about sling wearing yet, but I agree, it sounds like your baby is sitting too low.

Beth

SarahD
11-13-2003, 06:13 PM
Sorry it's not a good pic of me at all...I'm just going to use the excuse that it was taken just 2.5 weeks since I had given birth! :) LOL

I'm going to email Jen to see what she thinks also but I wanted to see if anyone had an opinion on how this loooks. This is a medium pouch with an extra row of snaps. I'm wearing it on the smallest setting (i.e. I'm using the extra row of snaps). Is this about how low he should be? Do you think I should exchange it for a small? (See my original post above for more details if needed.)

As he gets bigger will I continue to wear the pouch on the same setting or will I need to loosen it up to accomodate him as he grows/gets bigger?

I know I just got boring natural hemp but cost was a factor for me...and when I ordered this she didn't have all the cool threads listed on her website yet...bummer!

Thanks for any input you have!

Sarah

P.S. I've never included pics before so I hope it works!

Here is a link to my ofoto photo album where I also uploaded them if the pics don't show up here. They are the last 2 pics in the album.

http://www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp?&collid=88124880705&photoid=13749195705

http://www.growthspurts.com/drivee/images/641142256325.jpg

http://www.growthspurts.com/drivee/images/552103701622.jpg

votre_ami03
11-13-2003, 06:23 PM
Sarah, I no expert, since I just received mine this week. It looks right to me. I didn't reply earlier b/c it seemed you had plenty of good responses, but my measurments are close to yours, same height, similiar bust size, etc. & I went the med & an extra row on Jen's advice too. My Nolan is 17 weeks & is approx 20lbs, so his size *might* make a diff.

PS. I like the natural one too. :)

Christy & baby Nolan 7/22/03

egoldber
11-13-2003, 08:50 PM
That looks right to me too. So if you're wearing it on the smallest row of snaps, you may want a smaller size pouch to give you more flexibility. But you don't necessarily need a larger pouch for older children. Since you mainly use it in the hip carry position when they're older, there is less of the babe actually in the pouch, so it tends to still work.

HTH,

liya
11-13-2003, 11:32 PM
Try a small!!! Honest when they gain weight it will strech out alot!!

zen_bliss
11-13-2003, 11:58 PM
Sarah, you look great! as beth said, if you are already on the tightest row of snaps, it's good to have the option to go tighter. Ask jen for advice on whether to exchange size or get another row or so. and um, i started with a plain one, and when i had to exchange it for sizing, i decided it was a sign i should splurge on the extra $10 or so for a pretty color given how much i was going to be relying on the pouch. :)

littlecsmama
11-17-2003, 09:26 PM
What is the website for these pouches? Right now, I'm looking at a hotsling or a KKACP. Any other suggestions? TIA!

Momof3Labs
11-17-2003, 09:40 PM
Definitely look at these, too, then.

www.mom-and-me-creations.com