PDA

View Full Version : quick review of my kkacp

cchavez
11-11-2003, 08:47 AM
I got my kkacp on Saturday. I really wanted the khaki but it was only available in a small and it seems that I need medium. So I got the sea blue. The color is pretty but I am not thrilled about the color choice. It reminds of the color of doctor scrubs. I think I would have been much happier w/ khaki...oh well....That is the type of person I am, the design may be superior but the color will always bother me to some degree.

The only other pouch I have is nonadjustable and I can see the big diffence b/w the two...It seems that a lot of thought was put into the design of the KKACP. The shoulder is a bit bulky but I have so much more movement of my arms now. It really is hands free. I have my snaps on the 2nd ow and I do think I need it on the first row/smallest size/setting. I like to hold DS really tight. I will have to try the first row today to see if that works better. WE went on a 30 minute walk yesterday and the shoulder did bother me a tiny bit. Like I said I think I need to tighten it and find just the right position for the shoulder. Since I think I need the smallest setting I am wondering if the small would work for me? But of course I am only saying that b/c the khaki comes in small.

But w/ winter coming I will be wearing bulkier clothes so I may need more room....and I honestly don't think it is too big for me...I just think I would prefer the smallest setting b/c I like wearing DS so close

One thing I noticed is that when I first put on the sling, DS started crying after a few minutes could the nonpadded rails be cutting into his chubby legs??? But he did not get upset during our walk....Imade sure he was on the seam and that his butt was lower than his knees. I was alternating b/w tummy to tummy and hip carry

Overall, I am pleased. I know I need to use it a bit more to get is just right. I believe I made the right choice my getting the cotton instead of the fleece b/c of the temperatures in Texas. But like I said if I could change one thing for me...it would be the color.

HTH!

megulis
11-11-2003, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the review. What makes the shoulder area bulky? Is it small enough 2 put it in a small diaper bag? I am thinking about a sling for if I go to Disney in April or May.

cchavez
11-12-2003, 01:02 PM
Well, I just realized I was wearing the snaps on the shoulder but is supposed be be worn on the back.....

But apparently the snap area is differnt on the kkacp than the kkafp....the kkacp snap area is doubled over and sewn for safety reasons....so it is bulkier.

hth