PDA

View Full Version : for those who started w/ the sling very early on-will this be a problem?

brittone2
11-13-2003, 11:06 AM
Hi ladies,
I want to start w/ the sling early on. I was wondering how early you started...did you start as soon as you brought baby home? After 2 weeks or so?
Can you end up with issues from the sling pushing on your breasts if you are engorged, etc. as your milk first starts coming in? I'm curious if this will be a problem...

Thanks...
Beth

stillplayswithbarbies
11-13-2003, 01:07 PM
I started using the KK Fleece Pouce when she was 6 days old. I only waited that long because I wanted to take it to the La Leche League meeting so they could show me how to use it. Once I got her in there, I didn't want to take her out, she was so cozy!

The KKAFP is wide and stretchy, so it didn't really press on my breasts anywhere.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

sadie427
11-13-2003, 03:18 PM
I started after about 10 days, but only because I didn't have one yet, realized I couldn't hold him in my arms all day, and ordered one on the net right away! Never had any problems with pressure on my breasts, nor have I heard of that--I think you could always have the baby hang a little lower if you had a problem. I'd say start as soon as you cdan.

brittone2
11-13-2003, 03:57 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm hoping the MnM will be flexible/stretchy enough that it won't bother me. I just wanted to make sure that it wouldn't create problems by pressing on me in those early days.
Hopefully we can start right away with the sling. Mine should be here in a few days. Now I just have to wait for the baby;)

Beth

megulis
11-13-2003, 05:10 PM
In the looser settings it definitely isn't a problem. On the tighter setting, I have had my breasts smooshed to be bothersome. I had problems with bf'ing for the first 4 weeks though.