PDA

View Full Version : Another pouch?

miki
11-18-2003, 12:53 PM
I already have a KKAFP and like it a lot. But after reading all the raves about the Mom and Me pouches and looking at the website, I want to get one of those, too! But I think that getting a Mom and Me pouch would really just serve my own vanity because I could get one in a color I like a lot better.

What I'd like to know is if there really is another reason for me to spend the money for a new pouch. Does the design of the Mom and Me make it very different from the AFP? More comfortable? More functional?

brittone2
11-18-2003, 05:13 PM
I don't have both...I just ordered a MnM (almost got the KK and changed my mind at the last minute!) and am waiting on Jen to complete it right now. I do like the colors better. I think the style is quite similar overall. The MnM has the option for 2 padded rails, while I don't think that is the case with the KK. I think that matters more for a hip carry for example. I think some have said the shoulder is narrower on the MnM and is less bulky. Some people prefer the stretchiness of the KKAFP for comfort vs. the hemp fleece. I've seen debates about which is cooler...most seem to say the MnM although it is a "sweatshirt" kind of material and for this reason some people say it is just as hot or hotter.

I think both are great options. Sorry I'm not more help, as I'm waiting on my pouch and my baby for that matter (not due until February) so until then all I can tell you is what I've come across other people saying.

Beth

kensjen
11-18-2003, 06:23 PM
I am going to have to say....get the Mom and Me!!!!

While it is true that I like to encourage more shopping (LOL) I have to say that the slings are different enough to have both. My fleece pouch is VERY warm, and the hemp pouch is not as bad. I would not say it is "breathe-able" as others have mentioned, but I did just take it to Fla and used it in 86 degree weather. That I could not do with the KKAFP. The design is also a lot slimmer, and goes better with different outfits. I don't mean the colors, I just mean the fit. The fleece is a bit bulkier, and I don't wear it when I have more layers on. The shoulder is also slimmer on the mom and me, which I find is good with certain shirts.

I have to say that so far, I find the mom and me more comfortable...for me and I think for my baby too. Not that I don't love my KKAFP, because I do. I just find myself grabbing the mom and me more often.

Jen is wonderful to work with, if you decide to get one. She answers endless questions about color, threads, etc....and I think I came up with a good combo. (it's on the website, red wine with painted desert thread) You will not be disappointed in this purchase, I promise. If you have any other questions, just ask! :)

mommyj
11-21-2003, 03:28 AM
Go ahead and buy one!!! I have both and I use them for different types of outings. The KKAFP feels more sporty, so I wear it to parks when it's cool outside. I also used it a lot at home when DS was a newborn.
The Mom and Me is my new everyday carrier. I got it in black, so it looks good with everything, and the trim fit on the shoulder makes it a good pouch to wear for running errands.
Jen really is great to work with. I keep spending too much money on her site because her products and customer service are both excellent. Plus, it's fun to choose from all the colors she has available.