PDA

View Full Version : wilkinet carrier

nancy drew
11-18-2003, 09:52 PM
my husband and i are considering this instead of a bjorn or snugli. we were concerned because the photos show babies whose faces seem smashed up against the straps. can anyone who has this carrier fill me in on whether this is an issue? it seems perfect otherwise, i like the back support and adjustability and it seems comfortable to wear. we were just worried that our baby would be restricted by the shoulder straps.

thanks for any help. :)

Dcclerk
11-19-2003, 12:53 PM
I haven't found the Wilkinet to be any more restrictive than the Bjorn. We haven't had any issues with the straps smashing DS. I honestly can't think of how that would happen. Plus, the straps are very nicely padded. The only oddity/smashing issue that we kind of have is that in the front carry, facing front, the carrier is quite a bit higher than the Baby Bjorn so it comes up to DS's face. You fold down that part and you can get it lower, but it always seems to ride up a bit. We, personally, don't care at all. And DS loves it because it is right at chewing level.;)

nancy drew
11-19-2003, 07:25 PM
i guess i was just thinking that it looked like the straps were kind of blocking the baby from being able to see out, or restricting baby's movement too much. it was only in some of the pictures, and only on some of the babies. but if its not a problem then i am happy. :) i have only read good things about it, so i wanted to make sure that it wasnt going to end up being a disappointment. thanks for your help. :)