PDA

View Full Version : Frame backpack carriers for big guys?

Debtex
11-20-2003, 04:59 AM
DH is 6'6" and I would love to surprise him with a nice backpack carrier for our 6 month old son for Christmas. But most of the carriers are listed for smaller folks, and DH isn't just tall, he's big-framed. Anyone aware of a backpack carrier that works for the larger guys?

TIA!
Deb

Momof3Labs
11-20-2003, 10:06 AM
Yep! DH is 6'2" (and big framed, too) and too tall for most backpack carriers. We bought him a Tough Traveler Stallion, which is made for taller parents.

http://www.toughtraveler.com/cat2.asp

It is expensive - $200 - but you can get them gently used on eBay for a lot less. I think that we paid $60 shipped for ours? It needed some cleaning, but had all the parts and was in perfect working order.

He is very happy with this carrier and says that it is quite comfortable to wear! Of course, this is a guy who is used to wearing a 40lb airpack on his back (he's a fireman) but I'm sure that your DH would do fine (the backpack itself is very lightweight).

Debtex
11-20-2003, 12:19 PM
If there was ever a place where I'd find it, it would be here! That looks perfect, thanks so much!!

Deb

C99
11-27-2003, 08:46 PM
We have the same one, which I found used at a local second-hand children's clothing/gear shop. Anyway, it fits my 6'7" husband well (although he doesn't have a large frame), but isn't terrifically comfortable for me!