PDA

View Full Version : Colors for MNM pouch

samwyatt
12-09-2003, 09:22 PM
Hi Everyone,
I've been a little obsessed w/ finding the "right" sling for my 3rd baby (due in just 5wks on 1/13), and I think I've settled on the MNM pouch after hearing all the rave reviews here.

Now, I'm just trying to figure out what colors go well with more?? I'm a stay at home mom, so it's usually jeans for me... I think I like the maroon brown, and all the purple colors...

Does anyone have any feedback?

Thanks!
Amber

ginamlee
12-09-2003, 09:48 PM
Amber,

I have a KKAFP in charcoal with black trim. LOVE it!

I recently ordered a MNM in the maroon brown. Can't wait!

I'm a jeans and khakis kind of person, and I figured these 2 colors would take care of the majority of my wardrobe... ;)

I also have a cotton Zolo in Rose Stripe. (I'm still figuring out how to use it, but it is coming along.) I figure that it will be my main carrier in the warmer months, so pastel (yet near neutral) colors will work well with my summer wardrobe.

I'll let you know how I like the maroon brown, since that is one of the colors you are looking at.

heidi_timms
12-10-2003, 11:01 AM
I have a periwinkle which is really pretty. It goes great with jeans. I also like the red wine color. Jen now has some pretty veregated threads that add a little something to the pouches. If I was to get another, I would probably get the red wine.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

votre_ami03
12-11-2003, 09:02 AM
I have periwinkle (w/midnight magic) & I really like it. I would probably want red wine, black or natural next.

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

McQ
12-11-2003, 09:50 AM
I have it in avocado. It's pretty with the yellow trim. The celery/avocado custom color is pretty too.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

22tango
12-11-2003, 10:02 AM
I wanted it QUICK and she had one in my size with 2 rails (exactly what I wanted) in Black with Painted Desert thread. That was a color combo I was tempted by when first looking at the site so I went ahead and just got the in-stock one. I figure black goes with almost everything! :7

I was also tempted by maroon, maroon brown, lavender or periwinkle. I liked the Painted Desert, Ocean Moondance, Chinese Peony and Midnight Magic threads...but MY GOODNESS there are such lovely choices on the Keltic Krafts page. I don't even want to think about how many combos I'd love to get. I'll just have to be happy with the one I have for now!

brittone2
12-11-2003, 10:32 AM
Just chiming in...
I got the maroon w/ silver thread (non metallic-a "matte" silver, more gray). I love it. I had it narrowed down to the Red Wine and the Maroon. Jen shared w/ me that the Maroon is a "cooler" color w/ more bluish/purply undertones while the Red Wine is a "warm" color...more red/yellow undertones. I thought it was hard to tell the difference between those two based on the website pics but that helped. Either would be gorgeous.

I'm curious about the maroon brown...I saw that when she put it up recently. I can't wait to see a pic when someone gets theirs. I also like the periwinkle and avocado. Heck, who am I kidding...love 'em all;)

Beth

calebsmama03
12-11-2003, 03:51 PM
Not that this will necessarily help anyone here, but Jen was going to do a custom dye for me to match my Bubblegum bag which is plum cord with plum plaid interior. I sent her a swatch and she just e-mailed to say that the marroon brown is nearly a perfect match for the plum swatch, so that's what I'm getting. I already have a neutral ring sling so I figured I'd get a fun color. I wear lots of neutrals and purples, so this will go nicely anyway :) I'll try to attach the pic she sent me with the swatch in case it helps someone make a decision!

Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/1582.jpg

ginamlee
12-11-2003, 05:06 PM
EEEK!

According to Jen, I was the first to order the Maroon Brown. I haven't received it yet, but I am next on the wait list.

But, I wanted something more BROWN. I don't wear purple. I guess we'll see. I'll try to post a post a photo when I receive it. I'm hoping it will arrive no later than Monday. :)

calebsmama03
12-12-2003, 12:27 PM
Sorry to scare you! Did you order it w/ painted desrt thread? If so, yours should be done soon, as she said she's sewing a MB w/ painted destert and will send me pics so I can see the thread. I hope it turns out to be what you want! The color looks gorgeous. Jen said it was her new fav of all the colors she's dyed so far.
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

ginamlee
12-12-2003, 12:37 PM
Lynne,
Yes, that is mine. Her status page shows that my pouch is "in progress". Maybe you can email the photo to me, too, so I can get a "preview" of my pouch. :)
Gina

calebsmama03
12-12-2003, 03:51 PM
Sure!
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

calebsmama03
12-15-2003, 12:55 AM
Hi there,

I couldn't get onto the BBB site all weekend, weird! I'm going to post the pic she sent me here, though I'm sure she's already send you one! It's definitely your - the file had your name on it.
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

kristine_elen
12-15-2003, 03:09 PM
I went with natural because a) I couldn't pick a color (but if I had I would have gone with Avocado -- I think, or maybe...) and B) it was cheaper.
I got it with royal blue trim and I really like it. It goes with everything and feels so pure.